Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this has been a long time coming because my signature is way too crowded, and I am VERY bored. I'll say up front that I have no pics of my car right now, so this thread is more of a text based adventure. I'm waiting to upload my vids comparing my exhaust, should have all three up in two weeks. In the meantime here is list of what I have done and will do to her (a * denotes is in the mail right now and therefore NOT INSTALLED YET, so I have no impressions or anything yet):

Aesthetic:
Sport Grille
Blue "I" Emblem
Trunk lip spoiler
Tint (25% front / 15% rear+ rear windshield)
De-badged
DRL disabled

Power:
Cobb lightweight crank pulley
AVO high-flow air filter
Swaintech coated Borla UEL headers: http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=3898.0
Stromung high-flow cat-pipe
Agency power SS cat-back

Suspension:
Cobb Springs (i know bad decision)
Rallitek front and rear swaybars (22/19 mm)
Rallitek rear endlinks
AVO 50mm solid front endlinks
Whiteline rear sway bar braces
Rallitek 4EAT trans mount bushing (race stiffness)

Electronic:
Paranoid Fabrications grounding kit
Paranoid Fabrications big 3 kit
Hella Supertones
Seatbelt chime disabled

Audio:
JVC KW-XG700 headunit
08 Kicker ZX750.1 amp
08 Kicker 12" Solo-Baric L7 (4ohm DVC)
Rockford Fosgate 4ga amp wiring kit
Shitty prefabbed box meant for L7... tuned to about 37htz (w.e I'm no audiophile)
Crutchfield supplied subaru 08 in dash double-din mounting kit
Crutchfield supplied wiring harness

Thanks everyone for the help so far! Here are pics:

I KNOW SHES DIRTY!! gonna wait until spring to clean her up :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
just an observation.your signature says wrx but that is a non turbo header setup in your picture.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i think what he means is under your profile pic. the car thats under the profile pic is just a reference to your status on the board. everyone starts off with an impreza when you have zero posts and you get a better ride as you post more. i think mine says sti but unfortunately i have an OBS ;D

·
Registered
954 Posts
btw i want your dam header set up :p

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
didnt see the signature.sorry about that.

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i know im kind of a sell out. my reasons were thus:
-Stromung is probably only making something for the hatchback, just like everyone else, and it will prob be like 3 or 4 months until it comes out
-lotta fabrication needed otherwise
-got the agency power one on sale
-AP one actually sounds very respectable and "velvety". Not quite Stromung but also seems louder without silencers so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
yeah i know im kind of a sell out. my reasons were thus:
-Stromung is probably only making something for the hatchback, just like everyone else, and it will prob be like 3 or 4 months until it comes out
-lotta fabrication needed otherwise
-got the agency power one on sale
-AP one actually sounds very respectable and "velvety". Not quite Stromung but also seems louder without silencers so we'll see.
Fair enough, look forward to hearing a video :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update:
New cat-back is ON! I took a video of the stock cat-back + headers/HFC so ill post that along with the new video when i take it.
So i took the silencers out, but goddamn, even with them in, it is LOUD. Noticeable loss in torque (although im pretty sure a lot of it is my lamenting every time i have to accelerate from 0-40 near children) and noticeable gain in the upper end. As i predicted the HFC really didnt change much until the new cat-back because the old one was just too damn quiet. The sound is tremendous though. I can describe it best as a smooth american chopper. It sounds more like a truck than a honda. ;D I love it but my friends all think ive gone nuts because i wont play music anymore; i just listen to it rumble.

all the suspension bits should be going in on thursday (including steering and trans mount bushings).

Questions: Do you guys think it would be smart to pursue some .410 lift delta cams? then maybe do a "hybrid" intake (stock air box and resonator with custom piping to throttle body)? also I NEED TO TUNE THIS THING. need help in this regard. Doing something like a PP6 might be too $$$. Would I be able to do it with the new tactrix cable and a laptop? and i dont trust myself to do it so where could i find help in the north east?

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well got swaybars/endlinks/ rear sway bar braces installed but they didnt have time for the steering rack bushings or transmission mount bushings so those will have to be done at a later date.

only drove for 2 minutes but it really is an entirely different car with a rear swaybar. unbelievable how much i had gotten used to my rear inside corner just soaring up everytime i turned. so far swaybars are looking like the best investment for the $.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts