Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here the before and after, had some time to install it today and yea like other said its a PITA but its pretty easy.. good thing i had a hydrolic lift its was really easier than crawling under the car

·
Registered
954 Posts
hey my sport grille is on order right now. do i need to pull the front bumper off or no? i work in a shop so i have a lift to help out and all

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Looks good courteau!! Is the subaru emblem removable? if so would it leave a nasty blank spot in the mesh?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
421 Posts
hey nice grilles! haha anyway, can i request someone to post a DIY for removing the grille? i tried taking out the top clips but i can't find the way to take out the clips to the bumper...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the hardest part is that there 4 small screws from behind the grille

The official sheet say to removed the front bumper...
but for me i lifted the car, removed just the oil pan underguard, squeezed my hand between the grille and radiator and with patience and a tiny screwdriver i suceeded

Just use a magnetic screwdriver to not lose the screw and everything should be ok, didnt have to removed the whole thing but i did scract my arm a lot cause it was really tight there

·
Registered
421 Posts
the hardest part is that there 4 small screws from behind the grille

The official sheet say to removed the front bumper...
but for me i lifted the car, removed just the oil pan underguard, squeezed my hand between the grille and radiator and with patience and a tiny screwdriver i suceeded

Just use a magnetic screwdriver to not lose the screw and everything should be ok, didnt have to removed the whole thing but i did scract my arm a lot cause it was really tight there
hmm ok great now i know i'll need to jack the car up..

·
Registered
717 Posts
not to hijack the thread but....im getting my sports grill soon and im woundering if i can somehow paint the part behind the subaru logo. i want it black to match the car, so is there an easy way to get to it? thanks!

·
Registered
421 Posts
not to hijack the thread but....im getting my sports grill soon and im woundering if i can somehow paint the part behind the subaru logo. i want it black to match the car, so is there an easy way to get to it? thanks!
I thnk your best bet is to buy a aftermarket logo on its own. the probelm now is to find one.

·
Registered
519 Posts
There are just 2 screws and emblem comes right off and looks awesome did it to mine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
your talking about painting the blue part of the subaru logo?

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are better off taking off the bumper. It is actually quite easy.. Mostly fastened by plastic snap/screw things. You will need to disconnect your fog lights... also very easy. Took my 1 hour to take off bumper, put on new sport grill and install. Very easy for anyone who has any mechanical skill(and/or common sense)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it took me 30min to removed and put back the grille using the lift.. put i scratched and squeezed my arm a bit :p

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wanted to post my manual but i didnt find any scanneur...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just put in my sport grille too and did what Courteau did, I squeeze my arm between the radiator and the grille. It was a little harder but it was well worth it, did anybody stick that foam strip underneath the hood, what is it for?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i put it on mine, i think its for not damageing the paint of the new grille, rather than the OEM grille is just plastic
so its pretty thigh around there ha :) the corner screw were quite hard to get

1 - 19 of 19 Posts