Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive heard that since our cars already have catless up pipes that its a waste of money to buy an aftermarket one. I just wanted to get a few more opinions. I have an offer for a brand new HKS for $75 and I'm thinking about buying it.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
from what I understand, you will get faster turbo spool. It's not a complete waste of $, but not necessary like the 02-05 cars were. I would search other Subaru sites before buying. 1 of the downsides of an aftermarket up-pipe is the thinner metals which tend to break at the elbow. I definitely know this happens on knock off brands (Megan is 1 of them).

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yes if you are going to buy one I would deff buy one that is not a cheaper brand the megan racing ones tend to fail.. IMO I would not but one with a flex section... I have one I went with Invidia but I used Invidia for all my exhausts after market products... It is not as necessary with ours because ours dose not have a cat in it like previous models but the after market ones are also not corrugated inside so I still replaces mine.. I did it for faster spool, was not very noticeable but I guess its worth it.. It was a mod that did not break the bank so do with your car what you will..

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey, i got a turboxs flexpipe and love it! can tell difference too, smoother and feels like its gettin their quicker. for 179 hey why not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts