Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a HKS BOV right now and an owner of the new Sti says that we have recirculating motors and i need a recirulating BOV cause the HKS is robbing me HP and is not putting air back in the engine which is bad. So does anyone know which company has the BEST recirculating BOV? I was thinking about the AVO BOV is there another that might be better or is that the best one?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Ok, so I think this has been asked... you might try to search, though I'm not sure it will help here...but I swear somebody asked this. While I have no expert opinion on the subject, I'd guess that most will say that the stock BPV or whatever will be fine until you reach a certain level. Someone else will chime in I'm sure.

·
Registered
700 Posts
heard good things about the perrin. i had a BOV and kept stalling at intersections and noticed lossed power so went back to stock. if you got it just for sounds just get a CAI and you'll get the sound. Recirculating is best for stock or close to stock setups IMO

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have a HKS BOV right now and an owner of the new Sti says that we have recirculating motors and i need a recirulating BOV cause the HKS is robbing me HP and is not putting air back in the engine which is bad. So does anyone know which company has the BEST recirculating BOV? I was thinking about the AVO BOV is there another that might be better or is that the best one?
Subaru makes the best recirc for our cars hands down ;D
Until 25psi and turbo upgrade then time to upgrade. Lots of companies offer then up, there are even recirc kits for VTA BOVs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i swaped out my hks abd out ob a turboxs hybrid bov 50/50 sounds really good not as loud but really nicr

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
so i swaped out my hks abd out ob a turboxs hybrid bov 50/50 sounds really good not as loud but really nicr
Hey, as long as it runs fine, sounds cool, makes you happy. That works out. ;)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ive heard of alot of people having leak issues with the turboxs stuff, not that good of quality i guess. im using a gfb (go fast bits) hybrid set up for 50/50 on my 08 sedan and havent had an ounce of issue. I got it from Rallitek and it comes with everything to set it up anyway you like. Ive had it on my car since new and now i have 18000 on it. My car is stage two and protuned by PDX in Portland. The tuner said it shouldnt be an issue going 50/50 as long as you dont mind the backfire between shifts ;D, which i dont mind cause its fun to scare people as i drive by ;). No issues of hp lose or any of that, in fact it was the first mod and it really helped the car shift smoother and i definetly picked up speed between shifts. People feel venting any to atmosphere is bad cause the computer mesures the air coming in and expects it to still be there at the throttle body, so when you take some of the air away with the bov theres more fuel that air and you get a rich condition and a backfire results. not a big deal and if anything it feels to me like it helps keep the turbo spooled between shifts, kinda like an anti-lag kit. I tried my stock bov after getting my car tuned and it worked fine and there was some noise from the cai but not enough so i went back. i also didnt like the way it drove but that could of been do to my tune also.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Subaru makes the best recirc for our cars hands down ;D
Until 25psi and turbo upgrade then time to upgrade. Lots of companies offer then up, there are even recirc kits for VTA BOVs.
I've heard of people's stock BPV leaking with a stage II protune on 08 WRX's. I agree that it's better to leave it be till you actually need to upgrade though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well turboxs and gfb are both made in australia when i had the hks i lost to a vr6 with cold air and exhaust and now that i changed it i beet him yea i was shocked i didnt think the bov had that much of an impact i love the turboxs no probs yet and hoping for none

1 - 11 of 11 Posts