Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that I would start this topic since no one seems to be in the NA section. As for what I think the best way to get power out of an NA is to do intake, exhaust, and engine internals. Maybe doing a Stroker Kit would make a large difference. There is a stroker kit out there that will increase the motor to 2.63L, I think that is a pretty nice size difference.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The best way for an NA to go faster is to bolt on a turbo kit =)

kk joking.. can consider doing Quad Throttle....

·
Registered
752 Posts
ITBs are cool. i am trying to pursuade a friend to buy them for his CRX.

other than ITBs i would say
stroker kit + built head + N02 ;D

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah from my understanding of NOS increase the combustion rate thus creating a boost in power, but does not increase the the rate of induction.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw that www.lachutesubaru.com has a 2.5i exhaust system. This is good, glad to see some parts come out for the Impreza Non-WRX.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I saw that www.lachutesubaru.com has a 2.5i exhaust system. This is good, glad to see some parts come out for the Impreza Non-WRX.
good find! my only question is will the car have the signature "rumble" after putting on the exhaust? i thought i read some where that they changed the header design on the n/a cars and it went from EL to UEL or vis versa (cant remember) but that the rumble is gone with the factory headers

·
Registered
954 Posts
Well, that may be so, but I still think that it would make somewhat of a difference.
well i emailed them for a price so il post up what they quote when they get back to me

·
Registered
954 Posts
alright lachute is only making the axle back for the 5 door n/a right now. it looks good and all, but they told me its $595 USD!! does anyone else think that price is fairly rediculous for a $50 magnaflow, an exhaust tip, and two feet of pipe? i was expecting $275 for an axle back

·
Registered
29 Posts
yeah nitrous has much more oxygen then air so its definitely not naturally aspirated.
but whats the point of this thread? the people that buy NA subarus didnt buy it to go fast, why would they waste their money trying to?
Ive never ever heard of a NA motor with real potential to go fast that isnt in a honda or doesnt have large displacement. :D

·
Registered
954 Posts
yeah nitrous has much more oxygen then air so its definitely not naturally aspirated.
but whats the point of this thread? the people that buy NA subarus didnt buy it to go fast, why would they waste their money trying to?
Ive never ever heard of a NA motor with real potential to go fast that isnt in a honda or doesnt have large displacement. :D
going fast doesnt always have to be in a straight line. ever seen the video of the 60hp honda insight overtaking the z06 at the road course?? anyways, this thread is for people who just want to get a little more power out of their n/a impreza. if you dont like that idea, dont post up in this thread

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
It's actually quite easy for a lightly modded (no engine mods) 2.5RS/2.5i to beat a WRX in most autocross courses. Turbo lag kills the wrx in slow corners. With just sway bars and good tires I've even beat STIs in autocross with my 2000 RS....

besides....anybody can make a WRX or STI go fast in a straight line ;)

And Yes, I agree with Lurker, we're not saying our NA impreza with beat a WRX in a straight line necessarily....but what is wrong with giving our cars a little more punch?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, If you take the same principles in making an RS kick butt on the track to the WRX or STI then who is to say who would win. I have always thought that a car should have balance. In the sense that the car should be able to be quick but yet stop fast, handle hard and still be able to be driven everyday. I don't care for super large turbos for this, they have too much lag, I think that doing twin turbo system on the suby would be great. So, I have been doing my mods in relation to balance. Power, Suspension and brakes.

But, I made this so that we may be able to help our RS cousins get a little more out of their RS. People have different motivations in purchasing there cars, I would like to think that everyone can enjoy going a little faster.

·
Registered
10 Posts
good find! my only question is will the car have the signature "rumble" after putting on the exhaust? i thought i read some where that they changed the header design on the n/a cars and it went from EL to UEL or vis versa (cant remember) but that the rumble is gone with the factory headers
They definately went from UEL to EL which is what got rid of the rumble.

·
Registered
421 Posts
They definately went from UEL to EL which is what got rid of the rumble.
No the signature "boxer" engine rumble is still there. They wouldn't take it out of the WRX.. I'm running catless and custom muffler and the rumble is there!~

1 - 20 of 40 Posts