Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i installed some sti pinks on my ride a couple weeks ago and i noticed all of my struts are leaking. iv poked around a lil but havent really found anything, im lookin for some new struts. something better than stock that can handle a little aggressive driving. if anyone can point me in a direction id appreciate it :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
WTF? Mine are leaking too with the STi springs. I'll let you know what I find because I'm in the market too.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill try to update this thread too. iv looked at koni, tokico, kyb. . .nothing so far. i emailed kyb and they said they have nothing. i was thinking about getting them warranteed, but i dont want anyone touching my car and plus, even if they replace them, they are just going to start leaking again. so yeah, if anyone knows of anyone who makes some better shocks, please speak up!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chances are they are leaking . . . . someone needs to come out with some aftermarket stuff like asap

·
Registered
192 Posts
Check you struts for small scratches and marks on the shaft. I had one that was almost too hard to see and it blew my front right strut. You have to be very careful. If you are leaking oil you have ripped your seal and your strut will be dead soon or is already dead. Struts I am finding out are very easy to fuck up.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
struts dont always leak from installer error. sometimes they just blow out from getting beat up

·
Registered
192 Posts
I know I was just posting what happened to me and saying you may want to check them

·
Registered
61 Posts
Maybe they are leaking because they are always being compressed a bit more than they would be with the stock springs?

I have the STI pinks and the only reason I bought them is because they were cheep. I haven't really noticed them leaking. I hope they don't end up causing me to buy new struts.

I'm moving in a few weeks and am going to be packing the car full of stuff. I am really worried about that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts