Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is that a resonator? i want to get some of that boxer rumble, but not too much with my stock exhaust, what do i do? can i remove it? anyone tried that?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Here is a diagram that should explain it... Hope it helps...
Cheers...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Get a tbe and a tune for it... and *rumble* *rumble* ;D

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Get a tbe and a tune for it... and *rumble* *rumble* ;D
Is there a full TBE out there... other than piecing one together?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i removed mine.....welded a single exhaust pipe going out the driver side rear bumper cutout.....i have some videos of the sound driving around ill have to upload them when i get a fire wire cable i had someone ask me if i had a V8 lol.....doesnt sound like a v8 to me but i guess anything louder and meaner sounding then a pep boys fart can sounds like a v8 to Honda users ;D

·
Registered
549 Posts
i removed mine.....welded a single exhaust pipe going out the driver side rear bumper cutout.....i have some videos of the sound driving around ill have to upload them when i get a fire wire cable i had someone ask me if i had a V8 lol.....doesnt sound like a v8 to me but i guess anything louder and meaner sounding then a pep boys fart can sounds like a v8 to Honda users ;D
oh i know what you mean........

Everlong, taking out the resonator will give you a little more sound.. but what you really want to do is, get rid of that giant stock muffler!! the stock muffler is whats really cancelling out your sound

·
Registered
36 Posts
oh i know what you mean........

Everlong, taking out the resonator will give you a little more soundl. but what you really want to do is, get rid of giant stock muffler!!
Forgot to mention i have no muffler its a straight pipe....still hav emy cats though just no muffler or res.....its sounds liek a freaking beast when i get on it....turns heads.

·
Registered
549 Posts
im running a straight pipping.. no cats, no resonator. 3inches all the way to the axle, tapered down 2.5 ... and its is LouD!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
my exhuast be getting the popping noise a lot too now. what sucks is that soot that gets on the bumper ...made me wish i got a black car

·
Registered
36 Posts
my exhuast be getting the popping noise a lot too now. what sucks is that soot that gets on the bumper ...made me wish i got a black car
lol i made sure teh tip came out a little past the bumper for that reason.....on my 05 mustang i have the exhaust coming out through the front wheel fenders and its a bright yellow one.....needless to say it has 2 black stripes down the middle and 2 on the fenders :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just want to get the rumble, nothing else, no fart cans, no rice cookers, whatever, dont want it to be too loud, just different from the stock muffler, kind of ....G35 stock setup, its nice and quiet when you .........drive nice.....but louder when you step on it. Any recomendations? + it has to be a boxer rumble :))))))))))))

·
Registered
421 Posts
i just want to get the rumble, nothing else, no fart cans, no rice cookers, whatever, dont want it to be too loud, just different from the stock muffler, kind of ....G35 stock setup, its nice and quiet when you .........drive nice.....but louder when you step on it. Any recomendations? + it has to be a boxer rumble :))))))))))))
just change the axle back (and muffler). You shoudl get a nice rumble. Thats what i did to mine.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
what did u get? what muffler?
All I did was take out the stock muffler and put in a piece of 2.25" straight pipe w/ a 45 to exit the bumper. It sounds good at idle, Quiet at 3000 rpm while driven. Nice and throaty when you get on it!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the G35 has a door that opens in the exhaust when you floor it (from what I've been told) and that's why it's quiet until you're on it...

however the G35 is a V6 and will sound totally different. the WRX has a boxer 4 cylinder and will always sound weird and rumbly like it's got a compression problem

get a catback/axleback and you'll get the nice quiet-ish rumble

check youtube for clips of axleback and catback and turboback and downpipe and header -- they'll all sound different

1 - 17 of 17 Posts