Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at these brakes and unsure if I should get them.

Wilwood 6 pot

http://subarustore.com/wil6pisbigbr.html

and

Wilwood 4 pot rear

http://subarustore.com/wilrearbrakk.html

OR I was thinking of going with Rotora 4 pot front and 2 pot rear for the same price.

Really not sure if the Wilwoods will mount on. It says that it is for 99-04 WRX. Don't want to order without knowing for sure. I am sure that the Rotora will fit cause Pehon has them.

Also, one more question, should I even be concerned with the rear brakes or just do the front.

·
Registered
421 Posts
for most purposes (street, drag and small tracking), upgrading the front to a 6 pot, or even 4 pot is good enough.

However, if you were tracking (hardcore), braking round bends with a 6 pot front and stock back may cause some "light butt". you'll find that the brake balancing will be worst off, this might even cause your braking distances to increase. I'll try to find the article online for all to read. if some body else here cna help me out it would be awesome.

Anyway, I'lll recommend u getting the rotora kit cause "i'm on it!" and they already have a catalogue for 2008, which already includes 2008 WRX in it. So it'll fit for sure!

But as i understand, wilwood might be lighter (i'msure for 1 of their series), so.....

But then again rotora is used in D1 grand prix.. soo... weigh the pros and cos and decide according to ur needs!

And 6-4 brakes are gonna look awesome what ever you choose.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking cause the Wilwood is six pot and the Rotora is four pot and they are the same price. I know for sure that Wilwood is good, never heard of Rotora until this site. Now, would it be good to swap out the rear as well, or do you think that I could wait a little, no track for me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was thinking cause the Wilwood is six pot and the Rotora is four pot and they are the same price. I know for sure that Wilwood is good, never heard of Rotora until this site. Now, would it be good to swap out the rear as well, or do you think that I could wait a little, no track for me.
well, i would think just go for the 6 pot front first. when you strike the US$1000000000000 lottery (well, not the much), than you might consider getting the 4 pot rear.

Side track a little. I don't believe there's a 3 billion EUROs lottery that was won recently, some where in euro

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I am going to look around still and see if I can get some brakes off of ebay or something.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I know this thread is old, but this is a pertinent question...(I think)

Won't a bigger brakes mess with the VDC? Will this throw off the way the car will handle?

Reason I ask is because while I love my WRX, I'd like to have some 'grabbier' brakes (4 pots all around, anyone?).

joneSi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts