Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
I think it looks like POO on a 08 but it's your car do what eva you like.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
agreed with above. its nice to see some stuff coming out though

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
agreed with above. its nice to see some stuff coming out though
It think some one had a sig in here of a STi sedan mock up. Looks like the same wing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I know I'm new here, and I don't want to come off as a jerk or turn this board into NASIOC, but I HATE the old STi wing on the new sedans. Ugh, it looks so... wrong, so horrible... the front and end don't match. It makes me want to tear my eyes out, like when I see STi bottom halves of the wing attached to the tops of WRX wings, and other abominations like that.

It makes me beat my head against the wall like I do everytime I see the original Fast and the Furious and all the crappy mistakes and misquotes in that movie.

It makes me cry inside like every Cavalier and Sunfire I see with Altezza style taillights and a huge exhaust tip with no silencer, and no exhaust hangers, just holding on by two bolts.

I... well, you get the idea. I think it's a rubbish idea.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I loved it on my 05 STi :)
Looks and performance thumbs up for me.
Removed it for giggles and lemme tell you it made a difference in stability. It went right back on the next day.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I read some where most wings don't put down any down force unless you hit 170+++. But the wing might cancel out lift. ???

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
cgroppi04-11-2004, 07:34 PM
I calculated the downforce of the STi wing using the Langley Research Center FoilSim wing simulator. The results are 60 lb of downforce at 100 mph, and 140 lb of downforce at 150 mph, which is an increase of between 5% and 10% download on the rear wheels. See the post on STi Buki:

http://www.sti-buki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=3011#post3011

The link to the FoilSim page is on the first page of this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ButtDyno04-13-2004, 07:57 PM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=391992&perpage=50&highlight=functional&pagenumber=2#post4245442

Oh yeah. The wing is very functional in back to back tests vs. RA's without a wing going through the same high speed sweepers on the track. Covered many times, and people are welcome to continue their disbelief because they want to remove the wing, but facts are facts. It works, it works well, and if you want to remove it, don't try to come up with random justifications. Grow some balls and just admit you don't like it, and leave it at that.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
www.apexjapan.com

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Lots of the pics have broken links ??? but hey I did like the one displayed on there.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I think that pic makes it worse because of it being so messed up. If they had a pic of it on the street with a good camera and different angles then MAYBE it might look better. But right now that thing is FUGLYYYYY. I love the STi wings but this one DOES NOT belong on a 08. Leave it for the 2nd gen's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts