Subaru WRX Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: Blinden's 2012 WRX Hatch. (Winterized)

I feel like my car seems boring because , to date, it's been all vanity/bling type mods, but, I'm only at 300 miles, need to break in before I even think about starting power mods (which will never be more then bolt ons anyways)

REALLY can't express enough though, love the short shifter, a whole lot, car feels so much more connected and a lot of fun to drive. I hate getting where I'm going because I have to stop driving.

couple pics of my short shifter/wc lathewerks setup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Blinden's 2012 WRX Hatch. (Delivered)

Gauges installed today. Hardest part was probably finding a good ground and tucking the wires cleanly.

Finished product:

You didnt lose any time installings those parts LOL, I like the plan you have to mod your car. if you dont mind me asking how to do you wire your gauges? I also have the same set up (SMY cluster+defi racer gauges) in a 2012 wrx but my gauges are too dim and I cant figure out why. I have it connected like this:

Constant 12V+ (Defi red wire) Fuse#24
Ignition 12V+ (Defi orange wire) Fuse#04
Illumination 12V+ (Defi white wire) Fuse#14

Also, where you connect the ground?

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Thanks for looking!

I used:

Constant 12v - Fuse # 3 - DOOR LOCK
Switched 12v - Fuse # 26 - IG2
Illumination/Dimmer - Fuse # 16 - ILLUMINATION

As referenced on a thread on NASIOC by O.C.D:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2182561

I think he got that info from 3g and NASIOC member "xluben"

In other updates, car mods are in hibernation mode for the winter months. At this point, 2 snow falls, almost regretting buying a winter setup! Have been in contact with TPG Tuning ( http://www.tpgtuning.com/ ) and starting to work out the process of getting my power bolt-ons in and tuned up.
As for ground, I found a 10mm bolt under the steering wheel that provided a good ground for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I hear you man, I live in Buffalo if imagine this winter will be like this I dont spend all that money in winter tires and rims. My plan is also doing this year the turbo air intake and short trow shifter I got in touch with the people from http://www.innovativetuning.com/ to get my tune done at some point this year.

I also follow the intructions from O.C.D thread in NASIOC but whats is confusing is my IG2 is the fuse #4 not the fuse#26 (IG1), when I tried the fuse #26 my doors dont lock. Thanks for all the help anyways, Im new in the subaru world and Im glad that people like you are always willing to help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

If your car is a 2012 WRX, then use 3, 26, and 16, I cannot speak for other years or the STi, not sure if they are the same or not, but those worked out perfectly for me. Unfortunately I can only answer as far as the 2012 wrx goes. Do your gauges dim when you turn the headlights on or are they always the same brightness?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Went out to J&S Dyno (jsdyno.com) and met up with Nate from TPGtuning.com and hoped on the Dyno for a stage 2 tune. I'm REALLY happy with the results and will post the dyno sheet up as soon as Nate gets a chance to email it over to me. It's thrilling for me that I get to drive this car every day.

The exhaust is a TurboXS Catless TBE. Sounds fantastic. Looks pretty great too, for whatever that's worth.

Also put the K&N Typhoon intake on. The car breathes a little loud now, but I knew that going in. The car really does sound pretty nasty when you push it, but cruises pretty quietly.

I'm going to try and get smoe videos up this week.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, grew entirely too disgusted with the stock audio to live with it any longer, picked up a Pioneer AVIC x940BT HU. I was waiting to test out a Pioneer Appradio 2 (I'm an android user) and when I finally got the chance, I just didn't like it, it didn't impress me at all. The x940BT works great, and does have some solid interaction with my phone without requiring 3rd party software. Now I can control pandora through my stereo (and steering wheel controls) and the HU displays artist info and album art and all kinds of fun stuff.

Going to be adding some speakers and a small amp and sub probably later in the summer.

I'll take a couple quick pics once the JDM *TRUE* double Din bezel comes in, should be a few days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
ehh, got a pic of the stereo, really need to get the car cleaned up and get ahold of a proper camera to take soem photos, the phone camera isn't cutting it, especially in the lighting my garage supplies.

Got the JDM bezel for $75 from IAperformance.com, it was a "damaged" unit, but it took me about 3 minutes to see the damage. I bought it figuring I was planning on plastidipping the silver edges off, and I could just cover a blemish, but now I'm not sure it's worth fixing at all. Also ordered speaker spacers so when I upgrade the door speakers I'll be ready, as well as a wiring kit and a simple 250w mono amp, going to try and setup a 10" sub in the back to fill in some low end.

Also just noticed I had my car exactly 5 months today. Not a bad start, by the end of the year I should be pretty happy with it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where are the dyno sheets you promised? How's the car drive since the tune? I'm on the fence about doing it and want to hear more form people with the newer models.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts