Subaru WRX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Currently there are 2 intakes out: the ultimate racing CAI and the rallitek " mid ram" intake. There is alot of debate on the topic of intakes out there. Ultimately the choice is yours.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Does getting a CAI affect the ECU?
Yes. Your best bet is to disconnect the battery and drain the system and then re-connect the battery. I read a post by Sean S. from RalliTEK stating that their intake does NOT require a tune, but it is reccommended.(sp?) Anytime you mess with the amount of air entering or leaving the engine it affects the ECU. I know the AVO intake from RalliTEK uses the stock air sensor, and I believe the UR one does too. I personally have the AVO intake and no tune and have had only one problem. The car sorta hits a "wall" at 4.5k, but only if the car is floored. Other than that mileage, acceleration, etc have all been just fine, no bogging problems or backfiring. Hope this helps. :) P.S. lots of intake noise. Sounds awesome when the turbo spools up, and the bpv(stock one im using) blows off it sounds amazing. It sounds as if it is vented to atmosphere. If you want alot of sound, this is the intake. Its very loud and you can hear it over road noise and wind very pronounced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts