Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know were can I find some sound samples o blow off's ?
Can you tell few company names who makes blow off , please?

Best reguards

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
try youtube.. theres plenty

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i have 2 days to pick up my new car and I dont BOV even ! :(
But i found few samples of BOV sounds and i have a question.
Is it posible to make surge sound in any BOV
Or is it two diffrent kinds of thing ?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well, i have 2 days to pick up my new car and I dont BOV even ! :(
But i found few samples of BOV sounds and i have a question.
Is it posible to make surge sound in any BOV
Or is it two diffrent kinds of thing ?
surge sound? i think you're refering to the extended blowing off sound? if so you're looking at the HKS SSQV...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I mean like this thing http://youtube.com/watch?v=tXqgTtHECnk , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQAcVgKPXG4&NR=1 can you extend BOV with a flutter or somethining like that? For example HKS or other BOV brand ?
as someone is that youtube video said, "don't do it, the sound you hear is the air hitting the compressor as it goes back"

The closest you can get without killing ur turbo is to use HKS SSQV. Unlike other BOVs which simply dumps air, SSQV releases pressure over a controlled period of time.

So the SSQV should have a extended "air release sound", but not a flutter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so i know now ht i cant use a flutter, so o anybody know how to make this kind of sound
with BOV ?

·
Registered
752 Posts
i could take the recirculating hose off mine and record the sound for you, lol.
the stock one will make a little noise, but dont drive around with it off. your car will stall.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered the Agency Power one.. What you guys think about that? And, should I run it in hybrid so it don't rich out? But will it still Richen a little?

·
Registered
752 Posts
you should recirculate it. if you have a 50/50 option, try it. but i would go with the full recirc.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Yeah let us know. I like the whoosh sound, but I want it to have the proper AFR. I was thinking that a 50/50 would work well cause it does both.

·
Registered
36 Posts
after i get a new tire ill record a vid of how my car sounds all i did was replace the stock airbox with a 20 dollar cone filter and you can hear the BPV and the whoosh from the wastegate there both pretty loud too. and here i was gonna spend the money on a new BOV too for the sound

·
Registered
752 Posts
if the weather clears up and i remember, i will do a couple 1st-3rd pulls with and w/o the recirc on. i will try to get my friend with the STI to come and play too ;)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
has anyone checked to see if the older wrx bovs fit on the new wrx. I was wondering, cause those bov are a lot cheaper then the legacy ones and if the fitment is the same then I might go that route.

·
Registered
752 Posts
the older WRX BOVs do not fit the 2008 models. i am pretty sure the LGT ones do.

·
Registered
421 Posts
has anyone checked to see if the older wrx bovs fit on the new wrx. I was wondering, cause those bov are a lot cheaper then the legacy ones and if the fitment is the same then I might go that route.
Hey, do note the BOV for the legacy ones can fit the stock 08 WRX intercooler.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I got info back that the older gen WRX BOVs will NOT fit on the new WRX. I guess we have to use the same stuff as the legacy.... I was told that the flange is different.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts