Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have answers to the following:

1. If I run a vent to atmosphere blow off valve, the car runs lean and stalls upon coming to a stop - what can you do to fix this?

2. Will the ecu EVENTUALLY recalibrate itself if I run it with a 100% vent?

Seems odd that you cant make a 100% vent work without stalling..that's the iconic subaru sound, having the air gush !!

Any advise is appreciated !

·
Registered
359 Posts
Does anyone have answers to the following:

1. If I run a vent to atmosphere blow off valve, the car runs lean and stalls upon coming to a stop - what can you do to fix this?

2. Will the ecu EVENTUALLY recalibrate itself if I run it with a 100% vent?

Seems odd that you cant make a 100% vent work without stalling..that's the iconic subaru sound, having the air gush !!

Any advise is appreciated !
1. The car will run RICH and COULD stall
2. Not likely
aren't BOVs that vent to atmosphere bad for subarus?
Lot of speculation on this subject but the general consensus is that they dont help your car and can do damage from running rich.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up.. and Rich /lean clarification....I was thinking opposite...forgot that amount of fuel is calculated at MAF and not all the air makes it, leaving more fuel..rich
So what you are saying is, don't do it and there is nothing one can do to , to install a 100% vent without problems/damage

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just thought there was a way to get the sound without impacting performance.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
there is a way, get a 50/50 BOV. 50% goes to atmosphere and 50% goes back to the maf. Ive read that it will keep the maf happy and you wont have any negitive impact. You will also get that woosh sound you seek though it wont be as loud, but will still be audible

·
Registered
752 Posts
if you get a CAI, you will hear the BOV and the turbo spooling.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I didn't have any issues with it. My wideband was telling me the AFR was good.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'd rather have it quiet...

even with the stock recirculator valve, I can hear a little baby woosh when I'm really aggressively driving

1 - 11 of 11 Posts