Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week i was removing my amp and disconnected the power cable running off my battery to the amp. When i was done i went to start my car and the Nav/CD player didnt turn on... no power at all. So i check the fuse panel. Blown fuse. I go buy more 15A fuses and ended up blowing 3 more.

I have both of my gauges powered by running their wires into the fuse panel. One was in the fuse for the Nav, but it's been like that for a year. I moved that wire to a different fuse.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Remote wire for the amp touching ground somehow?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it all worked before you took out the amp... is it possible that when you hooked the power cable back up to the amp it got hooked up backwards? i am no electrician by any means but it sounds like you must be shorting out.
i never hooked the amp power cable back. i didnt want a hot wire flying around in my trunk.

Remote wire for the amp touching ground somehow?
i'll have to look after work.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i'm still rolling around w/o radio or gps. I had a little time to wrap up and secure the loose wires in the trunk area. Tomorrow i'll have to take another look at the cable running to my battery. I think i might have missed something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts