Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the premium package and was going to try and set up my phone for the bluetooth. I looked through menu button but can not find how to set it up, there is no phone button like showen in the manual. Is this something i need to seperate or should my car have come with it?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Yah and the NAV cost like 3k or something. You need an aftermarket bluetooth setup. I was looking at some of the Parrot ones. They seem pretty sweet.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hopefully you have not resorted to other means for your bluetooth. I have the same one. The manual only discusses the bluetooth through the nav system. Do you have the button down by the armrest? If so, go to your connection menu on your phone while you are in your car with it running. Find the bluetooth menu and look for an option that allows you to search for devices. Do the search. While you are doing this, hold down the button by your arm rest. It will beep a bunch of different times. Once, then twice, then a third time. If it doesn't work the first time try it again. Keep a close eye on your phone while you are holding the button down. CIG blue 70323 should show up as a device on your phone. Next you need to choose that number as a bluetooth device and voila it will work. Provided that works for you, everytime you start your car and turn it off it will give you a bluetooth beep. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help. I have the nav system but i just dont see the phone option anywhere in my car. I guess i will have to take it to the dealer. I thought buying the navigation system with the car would also include the bluethooth. Gonna have to wait three weeks though, just had back surgery and cant drive. sucks

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
thanks for the help. I have the nav system but i just dont see the phone option anywhere in my car. I guess i will have to take it to the dealer. I thought buying the navigation system with the car would also include the bluethooth. Gonna have to wait three weeks though, just had back surgery and cant drive. sucks
The bluetooth was included after april something I believe, they were still in development for a while so if you had purchased your car prior to the date they said they would be available then well, you are SoL. Apparently if you can find the correct pin attachment for the back of the nav you can hook a microphone up for cheaper I'm guessing since all the parts that come with the bluetooth is a microphone plugged into the pin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts