Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Re: A-Pillar Pods IM BACK!!! - 08Subiewrx / Sheabutter

Looking to fill the last 2 spaces for group 1!!!! We could have your pod completed and ready to be shipped by 2/20!!!!!!!!

Also added estimated completion, payment, and shipment date's for group 1!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Shameless bump! Still looking for 2 more hours!

·
Registered
30 Posts

put me down for a 2 gauge pod please. 08 wrx base model. Hope I'm not too late!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Nope perfect timing! Adding you to the list now thank you! !!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Just need one last order!!!! Have a double in stock ready to be mounted to a pillar but a single or triple is just one click away!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts

I must have gotten one of the first ones from before...definitley doesnt look half as good as the pictures. Bad sanding, paint run, inconsistent texture...havent even put it in yet until i refinish it and fix all the aesthetic blemishes :-\ kinda depressing really

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

I must have gotten one of the first ones from before...definitley doesnt look half as good as the pictures. Bad sanding, paint run, inconsistent texture...havent even put it in yet until i refinish it and fix all the aesthetic blemishes :-\ kinda depressing really

You were never on my list.... just checked my old thread. There was another guy making these 1-2 years ago.... Nyrm or something like that. Must have been his

·
Registered
3,807 Posts

Found this in another thread ROFL

Yeah, I've resorted to making my own A pillar pod cause there really isn't any options out there took forever to get that damn A pillar from Japan cause of that tsunami chaos too...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Found this in another thread ROFL

Yeah, I've resorted to making my own A pillar pod cause there really isn't any options out there took forever to get that damn A pillar from Japan cause of that tsunami chaos too...
Funny you mention that I was researching the same exact thread as you posted that lol

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Little update....

Had a minute to snap a couple crappy cell phone pics ... These pictures show some of the different stages that the pods go through during the "Blending" phase, and also shows the textured coating on the single pod.

These 3 pictures show the steps of the blending phase. Lots of glazing/ sanding done here!! The first sloppy looking one is the first step. I try to use as much glaze as I can to make sure I can sand down to fill all gaps. There are always gaps/ holes after the first try, so the 2nd glaze gets most filled in. a 3rd glaze patches up small air bubble holes and any remaining bad spots. Lastly we apply a textured coating and it will be ready to prime/paint when the texture cures over-night!

Here you can see the black sharpie marks that I use to mark imperfections, and make sure I dont miss anything. Every pod is marked and inspected after the first 2 sanding phases, and the imperfections are glazed over and sanded a 3rd time. Pods are usually texture coated after this step as long as there are no more imperfections found after another inspection.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

It's like seeing a sonogram of my pillar before it arrives! ;D
Haha this is true! I have about 3 that are almost ready to ship... the other 5 are getting there! I guess I technically could start shipping them as the are completed even though my original plan was to ship them all at once lol

·
Registered
30 Posts

so if you do that, ur gonna jump me to number one on the list right? ;)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

so if you do that, ur gonna jump me to number one on the list right? ;)
Honestly, your's is probably only a week behind the others! So even if I ship the first 3 one week the next 5 will be right behind it!

·
Registered
30 Posts

Damn it.. was worth a shot haha

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Damn it.. was worth a shot haha
Hahaha I'm starting to think these will be all complete by around Feb 10th.... So that's a bit quicker than I originally anticipated! It will be at your door step before you know it lol

·
Registered
404 Posts

Yeah I have two now, one im working on myself and one that i got from another member that lives semi local to me (about an hour away) over the summer. He said it was you guys that made it. He never used it cause he never got two gauges for it. He test fitted it and that was about it. He had a silver 09, i cant remember exactly but i believe his name started with a K, i wanna say Kamil or something close?

21 - 40 of 312 Posts