Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found any kind of body kits for the 08 WRX sedan? Also does anybody know if the bumpers on the 08 STI and 08 WRX are interchangeable?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Vivid racing has a cgarge speed style kit but i dont know the details. but the wrx / sti bumpers are not exchangable

Attachments

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
even if you swap your two front feders to fit a STi front bumper... you wont want a front wide body and a non-wide behind...

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I really want that body kit. I saw it a few months ago and fell in love, so one day I will have something like that!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think Liberal came out with one as well.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
The Liberal Kit is sweet, but I think I found my new love in that Chargespeed kit!!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
someone made a STI flare kit for the WRX Sedan

I don't know where I saw the pictures though, sorry :(

I'd pull it up in a minute but my server is down at home and I can't reboot it here

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm interested in just the front bumper from that chargespeed kit, does anyone know what the price is?

·
Registered
39 Posts
the chargespeed bumper on vivid's wrx is originally for an s13/s14, they had a body shop modify it to work with the wrx.

i was reading their project write-up to try and find out where to source that bumper that's how i found out. seems all the nice body kits are for the GR chassis, our STi big brother.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I love the diffusers on the roof, i wish i had them on my wrx

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was informed that the sti/wrx bumpers are interchangable.
really!? i didn't think they were because the sti has flared out fenders...interesting

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
technically they will bolt up -- we have the same car

but because the rear unibody lacks flares, the bumper will stick out and look weird

you could bolt-on pretty much any part, including the bumpers, sideskirts, and front fenders from an STi ... but you'd still need a way to do the flare in the back -- this would require cutting and welding in new metal.

·
Registered
336 Posts
yeah good point, but it looks like the sti bumper is wider because of the flared fenders but i agree with you that it would fit, prolly not very well tho...

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I understand that it would require fender flares, I just want to know why these companies selling the bumper are trying to tell us otherwise... Oh and on the same note of front fender flare with no rear. I saw an 2.5 RS today that had front flare but no rear. Looked clean but horrible due to the fact rear was small.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts