Subaru WRX Forums banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
The only body kit i've seen for the GE chassis 09 wrx sedan is by VIS racing. All of the other kits are for the STI (wide front fender ) or the more recent OEM wide body WRX. I'd like to see what the VIS front bumper looks like in the real world....still waiting though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ya I drive a GH but same thing at the front... not much in the way of bumpers.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There are a few different options for bumpers for WRX ONLY, here they are. and might i add they are not cheap at all over a $1000 just for the bumper not including paint

Chargespeed

Liberal Front bumper

SYMS

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
They do make a charge speed wrx kit.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
243 Posts
you can buy these bumpers from japanparts.com but it will cost you a fortune and not worth it imo. Unless someone organized a group buy or bought and original and made a replica and sold it for much cheaper.

·
Registered
243 Posts
so does anyone think it's possible to get a group buy going or maybe look at getting a company to make a replica

·
Registered
243 Posts
of the chargespeed from bumper for the wrx. it's the cleanest looking bumper imo. you got connections monki?

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
of the chargespeed from bumper for the wrx. it's the cleanest looking bumper imo. you got connections monki?
thanks for the pic - i'm glad i asked, i was mistaken on which you were talking about. i don't think that is very "clean" at all. it's kind of in your face. three years ago i really liked it, though - my tastes have changed i guess.

unfortunately, i don't have any established connections with the chargespeed folks.

it was curious that this thread got resurrected because i'm working out the final details on importing a lightly used jdm liberal front bumper cover, grill, and rear bumper cover for my own personal vehicle.

if enough folks were interested in that, i could certainly talk to a few of the jdm reps i talk/work with and see what's possible on new items. i wager to say it'd still be more expensive than most want/are willing to pay so kind of a wasted effort for all those i involve BUT i'll throw the hook out and see what kind of response we would need and what ballpark prices are.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i like the liberal front bumper too, where did you find the used bumper from if you don't mind me asking.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
i like the liberal front bumper too, where did you find the used bumper from if you don't mind me asking.
i found it in japan through an extensive sequence of events to long to list. i then saw shawn of rallitek was selling their 08 LR GE with the only known liberal front bumper cover in the states and he refused to sell it to me. after that i was determined to have it - i posted about it in my build thead back in 09/2010 (http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php/topic,13524.msg202520.html#msg202520). it's a great option for a lot of reasons.

i'll be sure to post up in my build thread when the deal is finalized and will post here the results of my communications with the jdm importers i know on a mass purchase/GB of the liberal front bumper cover.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts