Subaru WRX Forums banner

1901 - 1920 of 1937 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,901
this car is great! i love how u went with the flipped manifold...im also intending on running a flipped manifold but will have to wait for next year (planning on using a cosworth). i already have my hands full for this years projects lol. i couldnt go thru all 190 pages, but god damn is this things badass! i must have went thru about 20-25 pages (not in order) and that was enough to tell this things sick! great job man. nice beater too ;) i also had to buy another subie for a daily (02 impreza wagon) lol. i love em!
Haha, thanks. Yeah, it's always nice to have another Subie as a daily. Please let us at Forman Performance know if you need anything at all for your build, we'll be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't want to spam vim's dead thread..... but nothing new, rotated kit will be on at some point but the wife is driving it daily still.
Please go rotated so I can buy your front mount Jason lol!!

Reactions: 06f250sd

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,912
:( y-u-nuh-call?
Just got busy, Sean. I'll try to call you tonight. I just want to have a good 15-20 mins to chat. I've been running around a lot lately.

---

TO ALL SUBSCRIBERS/FORUM FOLK!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2014 is going to be an exciting year for me. I have a quick announcement for those that have dealt with me personally over the years with parts, vehicle projects and service.

I'm no longer a part of Forman Performance. I've left to pick up where I left off with Parts Distribution. My time at the shop was heavily occupied with customer service, management, coordination, etc... It was difficult to get creative about group buys, sell product and manage the parts side of things. Forman Performance is alive and well, and will continue to operate.

I'm preparing the launch of a new online-based parts business while also teaming back up with Premium Auto Styling to help expand the business to larger markets and appeal to more vehicle applications. In the interim, I can be reached by PM here.

My 08 WRX has got to go. I've invested a lot of time and money into the project over the years and it's at a point where it's no longer financially viable to keep a car of this caliber unless I plan more track time. With all the business and personal goals I have for 2014, I simply will not have the time to enjoy this car. Continuing to make payments on it, as well as insurance, is a lose-lose for me at this time. I also have my 96 Impreza which keeps whispering to me that she's ready for a swap. And well... I don't have the time or money for 2 projects. It's time to part the 08 WRX out. I will likely begin parting out before the end of this month and will have A LOT of parts for sale/trade. What I'll be looking to do is to get the vehicle back to 'as close to stock' as possible then either trade it in or sell it. When I list the parts, most of them will be For Trade Plus Cash. I just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up on this coming change. I appreciate very much people who have subscribed, followed and helped influence this build from the very beginning. It's been a fun journey, but all good things must come to an end.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
sorry to hear another 08 is being parted out. Hopefully we can see another amazing build you will be starting with the 96.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,914
sorry to hear another 08 is being parted out. Hopefully we can see another amazing build you will be starting with the 96.
That car is only planned to be very mild. Basic 2.0L swap w/ header, turboback, sti turbo+tmic, inj and pump. Planning to keep it at a mellow 280-290whp. Something reliable with more focus on the suspension.

With my new business project, I am considering starting development of products for the new MY2015. At this point, however, only time will tell.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Exciting times! I love that you had the, for lack of a better word, balls, to step out on your own and try something new. Few people do that! We are here and back you in all of your decisions. If you need anything from us, please let us know.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Really? The black mutekis? lol. Okay. I'm just gonna start listing names next to the mods so I know who had dibs on what.
Id only buy the lugs, if they came with the models. Quit hogging them!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,919 (Edited)
Exciting times! I love that you had the, for lack of a better word, balls, to step out on your own and try something new. Few people do that! We are here and back you in all of your decisions. If you need anything from us, please let us know.
Thanks Nick. You guys have always been there from Treble Racing to Forman to the next... Truly appreciate all the love and support from this community!

Id only buy the lugs, if they came with the models. Quit hogging them!
My Models! Hands off! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to hear you're parting it out - you've been a huge inspiration to a lot of people on here (myself included). I hope you put a thread up for your 96 build - I'd love to see what you do even if it is 'mild'. Good luck with your business project as well!

1901 - 1920 of 1937 Posts