Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my GF got me a couple of gagues for Christmas to get me started. She got me Oil Pressure and Boost. They are electric gauges from Prosport. I know some have had issues and would prefer not to use prosport but I like them because they are affordable for a daily driver who likes to thrash on his car occasionally and they come in Blue, which i prefer over our red.
To the point now haha. I like to keep things clean and hidden to the best of my ability when I have the time. I was searching for people who installed the oil pressure gauges and came across a link on nazioc and really like how the install was wired up for his gagues. Here is the link:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1036365

He wired up his Defi Controller box this way and I was wondering if anyone new if our wiring setup was the same or if anyone had the wiring diagram for what wire could be used for the 12v ignition.
I like this method so when i have acc on, it won't have any warning buzzers. Or if you guys have a similar method and no of the other wires, i appreciate any insight. I personally don't like the fuse box tie ins and the fuse's with the wire taps either.
Thanks guys!

Side note also, anyone who has done the Oil Pressure install, did you use the galley plug under the intercooler? Or Sandwich plate?
Pics are welcome as well!

I already ordered the pillar pods from 08subie as well and would do my best to try a write up to do all of this, so thanks for the help again!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have an Oil pressure, and boost gauge also.

I tapped all my wires from the fuse box. For the Oil Pressure I used the Oil Galley under the TMIC. ( i also got the remote line kit from prosport)

if u have any Qs feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10rex, i looked under the intercooler and it looked impossible to get to without removing a million other wires and hoses.
how much needs to be moved and how much longer did it take cuz i would love to use this location too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
IIRC i did not move much. u stuck a hex socket down there with a nice long extension and was able to get straight to it.
the hoses did not need to be disconnected they have enough room to flex out of the way.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ic, ic
i may have to take another look at it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when you installed the the oil pressure sender, was there enough room to fit the sender or did you use a relocation kit?
also would you mind taking a pic for me? thanks a lot!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bump for pic as I just took my intercooler off and thought to myself "Will I be able to actually install it in this location without having to take everything apart?"

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
they show a video of it installing on their website, or if you go to youtube check out prosport.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it is kind of under the very back of the intake manifold, i am out looking around at mine right now kind of. trying to run some wires for the gauges, so when i get the a pillar from 08subie i will just have to plug them in.

·
Registered
374 Posts
ok i found it. got the stock one off, and now there's not enough space for the new one to go on..

theres not even enough room for the galley plug to rotate and thread in

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i read it is an 8mm hex head.
if you have the new one to go in already, you can double check the measurement.

I got most of my wires run this weekend for this and I tried my best to hide the wires and attach them to the factory stereo wires, I guess I didn't find the right wire from the Heater controls, not sure which one would send the power for the 12 volt ignition.
If anyone knows I would be all ears, but the gauges light up and do their ceremony like they should.
Gonne order the oil pressure relocation kit shortly and then set it up and run the two wired to it and I will be good to roll.

·
Registered
402 Posts
ok i found it. got the stock one off, and now there's not enough space for the new one to go on..

theres not even enough room for the galley plug to rotate and thread in

Damn right there isn't. I wasted 3 hours of my time trying to make one work ( Took me 10 minutes to break the torque, and 3 trips to O'Reilly's, and 1 1/2 cussing at it cause i kept burning myself on my intake manifold/motor). I ended up aborting my mission :| . Sandwich adapter now :\

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
any tips on keeping that crap out of the way to be able to even get to the galley plug?

1 - 20 of 118 Posts