61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Here is a picture of the gauge pod with both gauges installed:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Those match amazingly well. THe Prosports I have are a close match, but just a touch more orange color. Still very close, but not as good as those.

With the Defi sender, so you get any jumps to the oil needle? My prosport, now with remote install kit, runs from about 100psi at cold start to right where your is, about 22-24 at hot idle. But inbetween there it can jump around a little in the 40-90 range. I'm figuring this is mostly an artifact of having an electircal sender (or the prosport isn't the best, which is also possible)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Those match amazingly well. THe Prosports I have are a close match, but just a touch more orange color. Still very close, but not as good as those.

With the Defi sender, so you get any jumps to the oil needle? My prosport, now with remote install kit, runs from about 100psi at cold start to right where your is, about 22-24 at hot idle. But inbetween there it can jump around a little in the 40-90 range. I'm figuring this is mostly an artifact of having an electircal sender (or the prosport isn't the best, which is also possible)
Yeah, the Defi's match the OEM color perfectly. Not sure what you mean about jumping? If you mean while you're driving, then yes, mine does go up and down depending on throttle, RPM's, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think Xen26 is referring to when you're driving along with an engine speed of say 2750rpm and the needle is jumping between 40-90psi.

The reason I am guessing this is that is what my gauge sometime does (but not to that extent, mine does between 70-90)

·
Registered
941 Posts
If I'm going along at a steady speed/rpm mine does not jump around at all. It is rock solid. Seems to be around 85psi at highway speeds.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried to figure out what might be causing the jumping around.

I didn't find a solution to the problem but the jumping around only occurs when the engine is revving between ~2900-3250 RPM.

My only guess for this is it has something to do with the turbo starting to spool but I don't know.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Do you have any videos? When you say "revving between..." do you mean when you're on and off the throttle? Or when you are going at a constant rpm within that range? Mine snaps all over the place if I let off the throttle, or get on it, but not when cruising.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Basically when I am at within that RPM band whether it is at a constant speed or when I am accelerating at a at slowish pace.

When I let off the throttle mine drops too

I'll see if I can get take a video tomorrow.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Oh wow. That looks really goofy and completely random. Mine definitely does not do that at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I contacted the vendor in regards to my fluctuation and this was the reply.

I think an orifice adapter will address it. The sending unit reads the oil pressure multiple times every second and there is no electronic “dampening” built into the gauge which means you can actually see on the gauge pulses in the oil pressure that exist. Just do to the timing between what the sending sees and the delay it takes for the needle to go to that point I think your ending up with an exaggerated fluctuation reading in the pressure. I have seen many times with our gauges a constant small flugger in the needle that does indeed represent fluctuations in the pressure, the video shows larger fluctuations than I am use to seeing but it might just be an odd timing issue as mentioned above. An Orafice adapter is a little screw on adapater you can put at the end of the oil pressure sending unit. It forces the oil through a really small hole to the sending unit and will “dampen” the fluctuation

·
Registered
22 Posts
I contacted the vendor in regards to my fluctuation and this was the reply.

I think an orifice adapter will address it. The sending unit reads the oil pressure multiple times every second and there is no electronic “dampening” built into the gauge which means you can actually see on the gauge pulses in the oil pressure that exist. Just do to the timing between what the sending sees and the delay it takes for the needle to go to that point I think your ending up with an exaggerated fluctuation reading in the pressure. I have seen many times with our gauges a constant small flugger in the needle that does indeed represent fluctuations in the pressure, the video shows larger fluctuations than I am use to seeing but it might just be an odd timing issue as mentioned above. An Orafice adapter is a little screw on adapater you can put at the end of the oil pressure sending unit. It forces the oil through a really small hole to the sending unit and will “dampen” the fluctuation
Are those the maddad gauges?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I finally got some of my stuff installed guys.
I highly recommend plumbers tape for anything with the Oil Pressure Gauge.
Also I haven't hooked everything up completely to check that it works but I have some installed and should have it done this weekend!
Some wiring shots:

Hooked into the stereo harness:

A couple shots of the sandwich adaptor from Prosport along with their relocation kit:

The sensor is mounted to the passenger side near the airbox and where a grounding wire is installed:

I will try to throw up more pics once everything is done.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I am soooooo glad I got a Defi gauge (and just used the OEM oil pressure location).

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
i have all prosport's and got these to make it easier for installation, i didn't want to mess with the location under the alternator and then running the lines, i snuck the power lines from the big grommet on the passenger side and under a few things to the sensor.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts