Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boost Creep / Overboost with catless DP and 3" catback?

I searched a bit but havent found a conclusive answer to this...

For a WRX, stock intake, stock turbo, 3" divorced WG catless downpipe and 3" catback exhaust - Is boost creep an issue? I have seen a few reports that a catted DP is no problem. I'm hoping the 08 wastegate port is large enough to prevent boost creep at regular boost levels (16-18psi).

Anyone got any input?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Re: Boost Creep / Overboost with catless DP and 3" catback?

i talked with some people about this it may be a possibility but probably nothing to worry about im gonna run almost the same setup in a bout a week and i dont plan on doing anything about it. i think it was cobbs website that shows you how to drill out the bead in one of the vacuum lines to prevent it if you feel like doing that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well let me know how it goes, I'd need to run an OTS map until I can get to my tuner. I was mostly wondering if the catted cobb map would suffice without babying it.

·
Registered
345 Posts

im gonna run stage 2 with a catless pipe you'll be fine

·
Registered
646 Posts

it should be fine on our turbo's, its alot bigger issue on the sti turbos

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

How'd this go for you guys? I'm gonna install my catless Invidia this weekend. Hoping to have a tune from Perrin by then. If not then I guess I'll use the COBB OTS until it shows up. That is unless there are the same overboosting problems on 08's as there were on 07's.......

·
Registered
988 Posts

How'd this go for you guys? I'm gonna install my catless Invidia this weekend. Hoping to have a tune from Perrin by then. If not then I guess I'll use the COBB OTS until it shows up. That is unless there are the same overboosting problems on 08's as there were on 07's.......
In another thread people are having leaking issues with the dp and the cbe gasket. Can you take some pics of the flange on the Invidia dp? My friend would like to get a Invidia but don't want any leaking issues.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Yah I'll post a pic this weekend when I install it.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

I haven't had an issue yet. I am hearing a lot of compressor surge around 3k. I had some when I was running COBB stage 1 oddly enough, but not with Perrin stage 1. Now I have Perrin stage 2 and it's back. Kind of annoying but I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
183 Posts

I haven't had an issue yet. I am hearing a lot of compressor surge around 3k. I had some when I was running COBB stage 1 oddly enough, but not with Perrin stage 1. Now I have Perrin stage 2 and it's back. Kind of annoying but I'm not worried about it.
Kind of off the topic, but do you have the perrins stage 2 map for AP? I sent a PM in regards to it if you do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts