Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
debating if i should go ahead and get a defi boost gauge or just flash the acn 91 map and log with the ap and be done with it. as long as the proper waste gate map is flashed I dont think I should over boost just on stage 1. I could always monitor with the ap if anything seems funny or in drastic weather changes. I will "not" be running a intake and will not consider any other gauge than a defi racer series. Im also set on running this map for the time being. might go torqued performance later on but for now Ill just be purchasing the ap and running acn 91. I'd like to hear your opinions on if u think that the boost gauge is fairly necessary or not so much. Im really thinking its not needed at this time. thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
debating if i should go ahead and get a defi boost gauge or just flash the acn 91 map and log with the ap and be done with it. as long as the proper waste gate map is flashed I dont think I should over boost just on stage 1. I could always monitor with the ap if anything seems funny or in drastic weather changes. I will "not" be running a intake and will not consider any other gauge than a defi racer series. Im also set on running this map for the time being. might go torqued performance later on but for now Ill just be purchasing the ap and running acn 91. I'd like to hear your opinions on if u think that the boost gauge is fairly necessary or not so much. Im really thinking its not needed at this time. thanks
Its not, but security isnt a bad thing its always a good investment. Not trying to sway you away from cobbs maps but ive read a great deal of instances where people overboost even on the low wgdc maps which is supposed to eliminate the problem. This may be on their stage 2 though...

That being said I'm recently TP stage 3 now and Im getting my aem digital boost, wideband, oil pressure, and water temp installed tomorrow. Eric's tuning is immaculate and even catless @ full boost in the cold i never spiked beyond .3 of my target at high boost.

So in short, do you need it? No. Is it nice to have for peace of mind? Absolutely. Is it worth doing now?
If you got the cash why not?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe most of the issues people have had with over boosting on their maps have been with catless down pipes and intakes. on stage 1 with no other mods from what I've seen this only seems to be a issue at times when people are selecting the map. I know Eric is a great tuner but I like the simplicity of the ap thats why Im choosing to go that route. Id like to have a boost gauge just not looking forward to the install at all! Im not a fan of poking holes through stuff and taking parts off lol plus I hear the boost gauge function on the ap is on point and for 600 bucks I might as well use some of its functions. so right now ur just using ur logs to monitor boost?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nope, i have the TP maps on the accessport :D I use the AP to watch only if its really cold but ive yet to ever creep ir really spike for that matter!

·
Registered
512 Posts
If you are planning on mounting the AP, as a "permanent" accessory.

Understand that the cheap LCD screens they use are known to have a Burn-In effect from constant screen-on time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, i have the TP maps on the accessport :D I use the AP to watch only if its really cold but ive yet to ever creep ir really spike for that matter!
do u have the ap mounted somewhere when u do happen to monitor it? like in one of those vent holders or something? if I were to go anything higher than stage 1 stock air box Id definitely get a boost gauge but for now Im on the fence about it. I was thinking I would do the same thing u said and if it got pretty cold I'd log it but where Im at 30 something degrees is super cold for us lol. are u doing ur gauge install yourself? what grommet are u going to run ur wiring threw?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are planning on mounting the AP, as a "permanent" accessory.

Understand that the cheap LCD screens they use are known to have a Burn-In effect from constant screen-on time.
no Im not planning on mounting it permanently my plans were to just install flash normal waste gate drive around for a bit to let the ecu learn log it to make sure proper wgdc is flashed and after that disconnect ap and monitor boost once it gets cold again to make sure everythings still good

·
Registered
58 Posts
Get a TP map.. I wouldn't run the Cobb map for long. You will be much happier :smiley:

I'm running his map with my AP and it's awesome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts