Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i put my prosport boost gauge in the other day worked great for about 20min then i noticed it wasnt moving i guess the way i routed the line the heat from my downpipe is getting to it and it F'd the line up. Are you guys routing the line somewhere else or is there an insulator i can get to put over it or something? thanks for the help fellas.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
It is mechanical? I don't have the tubing routed that far as mine is electric. I routed the line along the black plastic weatherstripping right below the front of the windshield in the engine bay, tip tied along the way.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea its mechanical ill have to see if i can route it somewhere else

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
<--- Routing through the steering column but I am USDM :p

·
Registered
519 Posts
I routed mine along the firewall. It is no where near the downpipe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i routed mine through the wheel well, there is a spot if you look closely that the piping will go thru, you will have to remove the bolts that hold the wheel well so you can move it a bit but it works prime.

·
Registered
646 Posts
could you guys please post a pic of where you are going through...i cannot find anywhere other then the gromet above the dp and i really dont want to run it through there out in the open

·
Registered
239 Posts
There is already a how-to for this http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=1891.0 . I placed mine in a similar way (although it is electrical) and it does not go near the DP. Well on my Australian model anyway.... Seems from the photos of the American model you can still run it around the top of the firewall and leave plenty of room from the DP.

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
there is also another write up i did about a amp and sub install, you may want to look into putting the piping through where i put the positive cable off the battery. thats the way i should have wired the boost gauge in the first place, but did not find this spot till afterwards, though this spot requires alot of bending cussing and bloody knuckles to get it done. heres a link: http://www.3gwrx.com/forum/index.php?topic=2335.0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts