Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an AutoMeter boost gauge do the job? or am i gonna get what i pay for?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I really like my AEM Truboost.

PROS:
It does alot more than just monitor your boost.

CONS:
costs alot

My second choice would have to be the Defi Blue Racer Boost Gauge.

·
Registered
421 Posts
you can consider getting a booost controler instead of a gauge. Boost controller can double up to control the boost for u, preventing "overboostign", esp for people with modded exhaust

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
you can consider getting a booost controler instead of a gauge. Boost controller can double up to control the boost for u, preventing "overboostign", esp for people with modded exhaust
Thanks. I was looking at getting the Perrin Manual Boost controller, what do you think of that one?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks. I was looking at getting the Perrin Manual Boost controller, what do you think of that one?
it looks ok, have you looked into Electronic Boost Controllers?
With mine, i can change from stock boost, to high boost, to low boost in a matter of seconds. all while sitting inside my car. As well as adjust the wastegate spring crack pressure to hold the boost better. There are some other features but dont have a need for them yet.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
With mine, i can change from stock boost, to high boost, to low boost in a matter of seconds. all while sitting inside my car. As well as adjust the wastegate spring crack pressure to hold the boost better. There are some other features but dont have a need for them yet.
What EBC do you have? Is it working both the Wastegate and the Boost? What does it run for?

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Will an AutoMeter boost gauge do the job? or am i gonna get what i pay for?
Maddad from what I hear is way better than AM. AM has had issues for some reason and keeps having them. Blames it on faulty install but having multiple people complain I doubt this is the issue.

I personally am going to be getting some Greddy Gauges :-D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought The Xline boost gauge and im just waiting to figure out how to power the thing...i'lll let everyone know how it is once its up and running...

·
Registered
752 Posts
What EBC do you have? Is it working both the Wastegate and the Boost? What does it run for?
AEM TruBoost, they can run anywhere between $260 - 300.
the vacuum lines hook up to a new boost solonoid and you can set the psi for when you want the wastegate to start opening. i'm happy with it and it matches my wideband.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Incase there is someone looking to install a gauge..here is a custom setup I did with mine.

Gloshift universal pod and sunpro vac/boost

·
Registered
132 Posts
CORRECTION: FAZE gauge

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, it lights up..it is blue like the light for the pocket under the A/C controls

It's not iun the way...I put it between tach and speed odm...because I can visibly see both..i think the angle of pic was looking a bit up. I may try to lower the pod...not sure.. it tilts and swivels...I used double sided tape...didnt want to make any holes.

My stock PSI peaks just under 12PSI ( 11.9 is stock)..it's mechanical so i can't tell exactly.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Consider using DEFI.. they're probably the best gauge and sensor company in the world.. anyway, my boost gauge is the 1st gauge from the right.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I want to get the DEFI gauge. Where should I put it? Any links to some universal pods/stands?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts