Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I havent searched in the right places in the forums. But I have had problems with cobbs STG 2 map. The code I get when I use the code reader says " wastegate solenoid A".Is this boost spike? Im running stage 2 with jut the cobb dp. I heard from the tech dept. this was okay even though I dont have a full TBE yet. Is there a fix to this or or am I jumping the gun with the stage 2. Do I need to go back to stage 1 til I get the TBE done? Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Maybe I havent searched in the right places in the forums. But I have had problems with cobbs STG 2 map. The code I get when I use the code reader says " wastegate solenoid A".Is this boost spike? Im running stage 2 with jut the cobb dp. I heard from the tech dept. this was okay even though I dont have a full TBE yet. Is there a fix to this or or am I jumping the gun with the stage 2. Do I need to go back to stage 1 til I get the TBE done? Any help is greatly appreciated
Yep that is a boost spike. You should be fine running Stage II with just a DP. If you recently installed your DP and flashed to stage II, there is more of a chance to have a spike. But it is not uncommon to have a boost spike at any point. Just clear the code through your AP and watch your DAM (Dynamic Advance Multiplier) should be at "1" which means your ECU is happy and not pulling any timing due to knock.

There is a boost table on your ECU that has upper limits, depending on your Octane rating is about 15 psi on a Cobb stage II map. Your car tried to Boost higher than 15psi and your ECU said "NO WAY". It did its job protecting your turbo and motor.

IMO I would not reflash to stage I.

What were you doing when you got the code?

·
Registered
52 Posts
This happened to me the other day on the highway....I floored it in 5th gear and my car made this big thumping noise and it felt like I hit a huge rock....Dashboard lit up like Christmas. From what I read you're always supposed to downshift to 4th then do your thing...

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think almost everyone has been through this.....=) I agree, don't go to stage I especially if you have a DP. Stick with stage II. If you can get a protune.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
That's the second person here who's gotten a CEL with COBB catted DP and COBB stage 2 OTS map. I donno but this doesn't seem like it should be happening. I'm running catless and I'm not getting CELs. Maybe it's more common than I thought it was....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My damn computers been screwed up at home and wont let me use the internet. So I have to log on at work. But to answer the question I was running wide open in fourth when it happened.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
My damn computers been screwed up at home and wont let me use the internet. So I have to log on at work. But to answer the question I was running wide open in fourth when it happened.
About what RPM's?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Have you had a spike since?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it was just before 4000 or right at. Damn thing did it again this morning.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I believe it was just before 4000 or right at. Damn thing did it again this morning.
4k... that is right in the range of max boost at WOT.

How many times has it happened?

All at about the same RPM?

Have you given your BOV, and Waste Gate vacume lines a once over, make sure everything is connected and tight?

Did you reflash or use the Real Time map?

Have you tried "ReFlashing" and DO NOT use the "Real Time" Map option

I would try to reflash AGAIN if you are still spiking, I would bet Cobb on the phone...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I would also ask what version of the map you are running since the updated version (v101) has higher wastegate authority in the higher gears to prevent boost spikes.

Good Luck

Oh yeah COBB has the instructions on how to adjust the wastegate arm as well. Counter-clockwise to decrease.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! I'm gonna reflash after work today. Hopefully that takrs care of the problem but I will checjk into those other options. Again I appreciate the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts