Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just thought I would make a running log on my car now that i plan on getting alot more mods in the near future. Just took a video today ill post that up. So far:

-Invidia Catless DP
-Cobb heatshield
-Cobb ap stage 2
-SPT catback

Now I plan on getting into some bigger and better things, fmic, turbo, swap my hood with an rs and some other goods 8) which will be seen eventually. Thanks fellas.

Here's the vid just a drive by and some exhaust noises ha.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice, I just got the SPT CB installed and the car sounds like it should. I can notice the beefier grunt of the catless DP. You could make a car to car "action" video, to show off :)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Finally someone posts a drive-by clip for the SPT sedan exhaust. Thank you. I still cannot figure out why they made the SPT exhaust for the sedans so loud. I like the look, but the volume is just too much for me, from the sound of the videos anyway. I guess I'll have to hear one in person before I can really make up my mind because I was really wanting to go SPT instead of some non-subaru brand. I wish someone would just come out with a tame exhaust that flows freely and is only a little bit louder than stock. I guess I'll have to go custom if that's what I want. I'll give it a few more months.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the spt is louder than i thought but i love it i used to have hondas all my life so im used to the loud exhaust but i love the sound of this with my catless dp.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Finally someone posts a drive-by clip for the SPT sedan exhaust. Thank you. I still cannot figure out why they made the SPT exhaust for the sedans so loud. I like the look, but the volume is just too much for me, from the sound of the videos anyway. I guess I'll have to hear one in person before I can really make up my mind because I was really wanting to go SPT instead of some non-subaru brand. I wish someone would just come out with a tame exhaust that flows freely and is only a little bit louder than stock. I guess I'll have to go custom if that's what I want. I'll give it a few more months.
do you have a sedan or a 5 door?

Borla's only slightly louder than stock and they have cat backs for both

sound clip....
expensive though...IMO overpriced

if you have the 5 door this Invidia Q300 catback will do the trick for a much better price

http://importimageonline.com/imageprint/subaru/wrx-2-5i-sti-08-/exhaust/invidia-08-subaru-wrx-hatchback-q300-catback-exhaust/product_info.php/cPath/22_567_573/products_id/3383

best price I've seen on it...doesn't include shipping though...that may make a difference

otherwise check out here...great prices...free shipping and options for hatchback and sedan...call or email them about the sound levels

http://www.street-power.com/wr08exhepe.html

happy hunting

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I've seen the borla ones too. I have a sedan, and the video that I saw with a borla on the sedan (na impreza) seemed really loud. Magnaflow seems like it is the quietest of the bunch from the clips. There is less random errant rumble near idle.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any exhaust on an na car is going to sound louder, theres more air being pushed through the exhaust system.

·
Registered
41 Posts
what u mean u want to trade hood with an RS? You mean with a non-turbo or a Impreza? If so I'll trade you!!! Where u at

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^
ha when i get my front mount im gonna put a non turbo hood on aka sleeper status and im in the US so im thinking i might be abnle to find one closer lol

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got my autometer gauge pod in the mail today now if the freakin boost gauge would just get here ill have some pics up for you guys im mounting it on the steering column we'll see how this goes. O yea its the amber pro sport boost gauge. pics up in a few days

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
sounds awesome man, great vid. i installed the SPT catback on my hatch and it isnt loud at all.... maybe the sedans louder because its dual, but mine rumbles just a touch but isnt what id call "loud" by any means. once i get my invidia DP it will be though. ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts