Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok 2 weeks ago I got my first turbo fast car and its a 08 wrx sti hatchback. Already had a full exhaust from turbo back. Top $$ one. Not even sure if it has a cat on it. Been into trucks for over the last 10-12 years and new with it. Need some help. Got a turbo xs bov hybrid style. Car back fired before but think more with it on. What is the soul purpose of the washers? Plus the hybrid is 85% quiter then my wifes that just got a 09 wrx Sudan but hers its what they call the rfl. ( really fucking loud ) but mine recirculats some. Hers dont? Any feed back will be great. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
You need to go full recirculation. You are letting out metered air, so the car runs rich in between gear shifts (after fires, not back fire). That's what a lot of your problem is. Get an intake (need tuned for that, hope you're tuned for that turbo back or you will be fixing a motor) and recalculate your by pass valve and you will have a very nice and loud whoosh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a hybrid in mine, and when I installed it with 4 washers inside with the spring to raise the tension. If there isn't enough tension you will vent too much. I have a nice whoosh out of mine with no backfires. You just need more tension on the spring. Start with 3 then go from there. 4 washers work great for my '12 wrx.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The purpose of the bypass valve is to verve pressure to prevent damage to intake components. Raising opening pressure of the bypass valve without understanding how it is impacting the pressure elsewhere in the system is nut recommended. These cars like a full recirc valve. Get the right parts for the car, or do a blow through set up ABCs then you can VTA.

stop just looking for noise and understand the function of everything and why you would replace it before doing so. As well as what the right part is. Your motor will last a longer that way.

Fyi, i have the stock bpv with an intake and you can hear it quite clearly. The stock intake is designed to muffle the sound.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it the same for the blue car 09 wxr inpreza? She has one that just blows it all out out and none back in the car? I told her maybe we nees to change hers and she said hers is just fine. Think she just likes how loud it is?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, you will want to do it that to hers too, even if it seems to be running well, you are still causing a very rich condition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I told her about my car. I've been trying o tell her to go with the hybrid one as well even know its a lot quiter. Hope she will do so or I will pit the stock one on while she sleeps. Lol.. no spare cash for a blown motor. I just put 4 washers in mine. Cant here much more. Hope it helps with the back fire. Havent ran it out yet. Im trying to take it easy and care of it. Mo need to race it unless some ass wants to try on a good day if you know what I mean. She meeds to join here as well. You fuys will help a lot. Thanks again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wife just tole me her car is shutting of at stop signs. Four times today. Not at every one but enough to not ne happy about it and the omly thing done to hers is a turbo xs bov. ( sucks )

·
Registered
536 Posts
This is the best thread ive ever seen in my life.

I cant tell if its a troll, a foreigner, or someone on a terrible cell phone!

Or maybe its a foreigner on a cell phone... omg trollception...

·
Registered
802 Posts
How did you decide on a hybrid BPV as a first mod?
Put the stock BPV back on & enjoy having a car that runs the way it should.
It's also a good idea to research a mod before doing it. If you would have Googled it, you would have quickly discovered that hybrids or overboard vent BPV's are a complete waste of money that cause your car to run like crap (overly rich - fouling plugs, Oxy sensors & cats) when dumping boost pressure. Blindly modding the car without a clue as to what you're doing is going to waste your $ and dramatically shorten the life of your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts