Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from what i gathered so far is to recirc the bov. what about 50/50? is there any sound with the full recirc? what is the best one? can u adjust them so the car wont stall? i want to get one with a little sound and to hold more boost, but i dont want to deal with the stalling and stuff.

·
Registered
421 Posts
from what i gathered so far is to recirc the bov. what about 50/50? is there any sound with the full recirc? what is the best one? can u adjust them so the car wont stall? i want to get one with a little sound and to hold more boost, but i dont want to deal with the stalling and stuff.
consider GFB, go fast bits.. they have adjustable BOV... 2 series.. one has in car electronics that controls the valve, and the othe ru have to manually do it by opening the hood.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'll be installing the perrin recirc. BOV tomorrow, I'll let ya know how it works outs.

·
Registered
752 Posts
if you want to hear your BOV, you should get a CAI. With the intake you can hear the BOV when it is recirculated. I would recommend getting the CAI first because you really dont need a new BOV if you cant turn the boost up. Also, the CAI is cheaper.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I am going with the Perrin recirc. I think that it is one of the better ones after doing some research. I will take pics once it is installed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coop take pics and let me know about the sound if any thanks

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Just installed Perrin BOV. Blow off sound is a little louder then stock but not by much. Still have to toy w/ it to find the "sweet" spot.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
No stalling!! ;D I set mine at the 5th line/marker. Holds more boost during quick shifting and works great at cruisn speeds (75 80mph/3000rpm) when u wanna pass just hit the throttle you'll hear the turbo spool, when u back off you'll hear the "pssstt" Its louder then stock but i haven't played w/ the screw inside that lets out more boost.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya sound clip or pic on the car !!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Got mine, installed and can only hear it slightly. Not very loud, but holds the boost in good, no stalling, no issues, went on in 5 minutes. I got the black one so you can't really notice it, plus the rest of the car is so loud that it is drowning out any other noise that it does produce.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so u do notice a difference over stock? can u hear it in between shifts or when revving it?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
It is much better in just the sense that you can adjust it. It seems to hold the boost better, you can hear a little whoosh, but not like a vent to air. I would highly recommend this BOV.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what can u adjust on it?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The spring tension, to determine how you want the BOV to blow. When you let off of the pedal or just when you shift. It is very nice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so it controlls sound? play with it let me know loudness/performance/stalling. thanx coop

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The spring tension, to determine how you want the BOV to blow. When you let off of the pedal or just when you shift. It is very nice.
Did you play with the internal screw yet?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts