Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys,

well while awaiting for my cars first service i am considering upgrading brakes a little and not spending a house load on new rotors,

so first think that comes to mine as im a bike owner would be braided lines and better pads. ( will also paint the calipers red too when i change them over :p )

any recommendations of companies that supply this for the 08 model? iv heard of pre 08 models doing this and they say they have felt good improvement so i

willing to give it a go.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
not sure about the lines, but Hawk pads are f'ing awsome. it will feel like you upgraded your rotors

·
Registered
109 Posts
+1 for the Hawk pads....make an amazing difference. I'd suggest Hawk HPS for the street. Hawk HP+ for the track (they squeel like a banshee and take time to heat up).

Also do DOT4 fluid (ie ATE Super Blue)

I usually stick with that combo, but if you are changing fluid and you think you may want lines, do them both at the same time. Once again though, I've been pleased in the past with just pads/fluid and have done well at track days with that setup (on 2 pot calipers too mind you...requiring a BBK to do well at a track day is a myth IMO)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
+1 super blue fluid

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thanks guys,

will definatly order them in,

any recommendations of where to buy them from?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Carbotech makes great pads too. I'm waiting on a set of AX6 pads, which are an autocross/light track use formula. $125 per set though.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts