Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that MY08 sex uses the same brake mounting locations as previous gen imprezas. If I wanted to swap to the stock brembos on earlier models what allwould one need, where would be a good place to get the parts, and does anyone want to venture a guess as to wether this would be worthwhile or not.

·
Registered
421 Posts
OEM brembo are overpriced if u buy new. However, if you could grab a new set (<200km) from a STI owner, than maybe it will be worthwhile.

I am using Rotora 6 pot for the previous generation of WRX and it fits perfectly. And its cheaper than a OEM Brembo new.

·
Registered
273 Posts
well if you check on NASIOC every once in a while they have some stock ones for STi's on there i am looking at gettin the BREMBO stock ones off of there, last time i checked it was 600 for just the front set and 1000 for all four capilers, rotar and lines i would have to check ill get back with you when i look again

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OEM brembo are overpriced if u buy new. However, if you could grab a new set (
What exactly do I need? Is just as simple as putting on a new rotor & caliper or do I have to get new mounting bracket for the rotors?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good to me, now the big questions how much is it and how much did it improve braking?

·
Registered
421 Posts
sounds good to me, now the big questions how much is it and how much did it improve braking?
well, the slight spongyness when u press on the brakes is gone (but people can argue its cause if the steel brake hose the comes with the brakes), and brakes bit instantly on increased pressure on the padels... you'll definitely feel the difference.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Can you do this with the stock wheels?

·
Registered
114 Posts
From what I understand the front brakes are interchangeable with previous years. The rears, due to the new suspension, are slightly different and it's not as simple as just bolting on a caliper. I'm sure there will be some kind of bracket adapter made.

Rotora is the only one that I know of that has a kit that fits the rears of the 08+ specifically.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Further to all the previous comments, can some confirm or clarify, if i was to change the 2 pots on an 08 WRX to the older 4 pots, are the disc rotors the same size? or do i need to get new rotors as well.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

·
Registered
651 Posts
can't speak to other markets, but the USDM 08's use the same 294x24 front rotor as previous gen WRX's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts