Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got my new wrx on tuesday ;D so i've had it a week wanna fit a hks b.o.v. but i've read if i do the engine runs rich after the dump but i really want one instead of that plastic thing, also a straight through muffler without the cat any recomendations and any power increases would be nice even though theres enough already :eek: but i don't wanna ruin my warranty what can i do? Also i live in the uk and understand that getting some parts may be hard so? ???

·
Registered
327 Posts
I reccomend the SPT exhaust...gives a nice note and does not require a tune as well as it is covered by a 3 year 36K mile warranty I believe. For intake avoid a BOV if you are not upgrading the turbo as the stock one can handle about 20 psi. Get an intake (either AVO, AP, AEM or some other one made for the 08 wrx) that includes a mount for the mass air flow sensor.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
IMO if you want to swap out the BOV go for it. If it was me then I would make sure it is 100% recir. But OEM should work fine. If you were looking to hear the turbo then an intake is a good way to go. Even with just an intake you might want to think about Engine Management. It is a good way to start the modification process, and alot safer for your motor.
Bottom line IMO
CBE is fine without EM, but even an intake should have EM

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
straight through exhaust AKA turbo back exhaust will need some sort of engine management. I suggest reading and searching, then deciding on what path to take. Always a good idea to get it right the 1st time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts