Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question.....My tire pressure monitoring system in broken, the light blinks for a minute then stays on....Manual tells me one of the sensors is bad. I'm bringing the car in for service tomorrow. My question is I have an AccessPort installed on my car with a Perrin map, do I need to take this off before I bring it in for service?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Quick question.....My tire pressure monitoring system in broken, the light blinks for a minute then stays on....Manual tells me one of the sensors is bad. I'm bringing the car in for service tomorrow. My question is I have an AccessPort installed on my car with a Perrin map, do I need to take this off before I bring it in for service?
Complete uninstall

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At that point does it put the stock map back in or do I need to do that as well?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
When you install the accessport, it copies the stock map so that it can automatically load it when you uninstall the AP.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Complete uninstall
why do we need to uninstall...just a nub question?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Complete uninstall, as said. It puts the car completely back to stock as possible - YOUR stock map, not the Cobb stock map.

I just uninstalled my AP to go in for service - man I hate driving the car without it tuned.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Complete uninstall
why do we need to uninstall...just a nub question?
alot of people unistall thier AP because when your bring your car in for service they will check for mods, and if they find any will log it into the Subaru servers. so down the road some dealerships could deny warranty

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeah, now that I'm stage 2 I'm not uninstalling going into the dealer when I go in for maintenance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts