Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus became a member today. I live in Elgin/Gilberts Illinois (burbs of chicago). I own a 2008 WRX Sedan, as well as a 1990 Mazda RX-7. If anyone is in my area please let me know, i have had the car for 2 months and i am yet to see another 08. Which i am actually happy about, becuz i like being different.

the pics are from the first week i got the car. i have it debadged now and some burton and famous stickers on it

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: Burbs of the Chi

hey! welcome!

i was just up in naperville for thanksgiving. drove up from oklahoma.
i'll be back on the south side before christmas, not driveing this time.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

Welcome,

which colors is yours ?

whats about some pics :) ?

·
Registered
717 Posts

Welcome and post some pics of both cars please.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks exactly like mine! Did you buy yours at Gerald?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Nice... Looks good. I would like to see RX as well. Post some of those photos too.... Oh... And Welcome to the Greatest Forum.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks exactly like mine! Did you buy yours at Gerald?
No i got mine from Wisconsin believe it or not lol. Some place called Harms. They promised me $13,500 for my tC and $24,500 for the WRX, so i made the trip.

where are you located?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I saw you got a HKS BOV ? do you have a sound clip of it ?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Have you meet up with any Subaru owners yet? I hear that there are meets almost every week.

run into any DSMs up there? There is alot of them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you meet up with any Subaru owners yet? I hear that there are meets almost every week.

no i jus hang out with my usual crew. (04 stage2 wrx, evo IV, 05 sti, 06 sti)

Welcome my friend. Nice sedan you have. Do you have plans to put on the sport grill ?
i want it, but do not wanna pay for it lol. i rather save the money and use it on the AEM Tru Boost that i was. i am a more performance than show guy. unless its something i can do myself for un $20 i prollie wont do visual. besides the tint lol, that was a must

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

no i jus hang out with my usual crew. (04 stage2 wrx, evo IV, 05 sti, 06 sti)

Welcome my friend. Nice sedan you have. Do you have plans to put on the sport grill ?
i want it, but do not wanna pay for it lol. i rather save the money and use it on the AEM Tru Boost that i was. i am a more performance than show guy. unless its something i can do myself for un i prollie wont do visual. besides the tint lol, that was a must
how much your dealer asked for the sport grille ?
just received mine yesterday from the state for 220$

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dealer didnt say anything about, i was jus looking at the prices.

oh and btw i wont have the sound clip until later cuz i only a have a digital camera that takes like 15 seconds of video and i dont wanna have to run and jump into my car so that i can make the time limit lol

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
EVO huh.... As part of your crew..... Should get that one into a WRX or STi.... Cause our motor is a better platform to build on.... Mitsu uses the 2.0 motor on the EVO which is a mistake, they should be using the 2.4L motor as it is a much stronger motor. I know that a few shops in my area were having a lot of problems adding to the EVO 2.0L motor, it just couldn't handle it.

Convert the EVO over to the side of light...... HAHAHA

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i dont want to convert people to the WRX... i like the idea of seeing other car like mind less possible

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EVO huh.... As part of your crew..... Should get that one into a WRX or STi.... Cause our motor is a better platform to build on.... Mitsu uses the 2.0 motor on the EVO which is a mistake, they should be using the 2.4L motor as it is a much stronger motor. I know that a few shops in my area were having a lot of problems adding to the EVO 2.0L motor, it just couldn't handle it.

Convert the EVO over to the side of light...... HAHAHA
i live in Elgin, its a 25 minute drive from West Chicago, where AMS is located. if you dont know AMS builds EVOs they have the world record EVO 8.63 1/4 mile. so there are alot of "AMS EVOs" around here. basically they are good fro 11s and 10s. Subies are a scarse race here, but i like to be different, so i enjoy it. PLUS my friends 04 WRX is a STI/EVO killer.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I am not saying that EVOs are bad.... I know that they had trouble in the beginning with tuning those beasts. I do think that Subies are better, but that might be a little biased. It is good to be different. SUBIES ROCK!!!!!

And the 04 model is a great model.... It does have the best motor in it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
the EVO sucks, there only best modle that resembles the actul on what it can do is the MR, and still its crappy anyway, but there fun to race against

1 - 20 of 21 Posts