Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership I bought my wrx from has this buyers incentive called "customers for life." As long as I do the required maintenance as described in the owners manual at the dealership, I get free tires for life. I get a total of 8 tires per 80,000 miles. There are no other rules or stipulations. My goal is to wear these tires out as fast as I can so I can upgrade to some bigger tires and wheels (still undecided on the size...maybe 17x8 or 18x8). That will be nice because then I just have to pay $700-$800 for a set of some pimp ass Rotas. I'm thinking to take my car to the track and see how fast I can burn these fu#%ers up!! I'll disengage the vdc......that should help. It shouldn't take to long though as I have 315 whp and 336 lb/ft. of torque. 8)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
yeah, read the fine print CAREFULLY and ask questions without giving away your intentions.

Also be aware that the STI is not bullet proof. the STI can be damaged if you abuse it enough trying to drift or do burnouts.

Yes, it's way tougher overall than a WRX...just be gentle ;)

·
Registered
502 Posts
At my dealership, we get an free extended warrenty of 5 yr 60K miles if we do all the factory scheduled service. To me its not a good deal because they will get you one way or another. In this situation, there are some things that do not need to be done or can be done ourselves like changing air filter, cabin filter, inspect tires, inspect hoses etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I will be taking it somewhat easy. I have just a modded wrx(Rallitek stage 3)not sti.according to the dealership it it not uncommon for people to want to upgrade wheels/tires. I just have to pay the difference.I am just anxious to get some new wheels! Does anybody know how wide I can go without rolling my fenders? How much approx. Would it cost? I would like to go 8.5 to 9 " wide if I can. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
502 Posts
From my research many people run 225 on 7.5-8" wide rim, and 235 on 8" rim without rubbing. People that do 8.5-9" + have to pull/roll fender and do negative camber.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on how much it cost to roll my fenders and negative camber, I may go with 8"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts