Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When on an incline with the traction control engaged, clutch pedal fully depressed and in gear I could smell my clutch burn but is not the case with the traction control off. Have you guys experienced this?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
me, no

maybe the hill assist is more invasive with TCS enabled, and you're just not used to it?

I tend to smell clutch when I drive in reverse...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guys living in hilly places - can you drive around in intelligent and sport mode?

I can only get around in sport# mode.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Newer cars in my opinion ususally give the clutch smell till everything gets worn in i would not worry about it till you get a good 20 30 thousand miles on it and then if you still smell clutch look more deeply in to what could be causing it.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I know I'm burning through the clutch w/ this damn hill assist crap. I used to think the hill assist would release the brakes upon clutch engagement. That is not the case and I'm pretty much used to the clutch point for my car. Even on hills I can full engage the clutch even before the hill assist garbage releases the brakes!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hill assist does disengage /w with a signal from the clutch. Hill start assist may not work, or not work correctly with a clutch signal malfunction. Check DTC flag C0076 Clutch Signal. See if anything comes up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
me, no

maybe the hill assist is more invasive with TCS enabled, and you're just not used to it?

I tend to smell clutch when I drive in reverse...
yeah - me too... here in Japan, the "culture" is to park backwards, ie., the car's rear to the wall (due to narrow/small places)... and well, i usually smell clutch after parking in reverse.

Guys living in hilly places - can you drive around in intelligent and sport mode?

I can only get around in sport# mode.
just recently i got the chance to try out the older WRX STI (the GDB), and my friend's Honda Civic Type R... and found out that the current WRX STI (GRB) has a slower response, AND lower power at low revs.

As an example, inspite of a rated 308HP compared to the Civic's 170HP - there are inclines that require first gear for the GRB that the Civic can do in second.

Essentially, the only way i get around is using Sports# (i usually stall using Intelligent, and the car is not as responsive with Sports). i feel sorry for the SI-Drive - totally useless...

Which leads me to ponder whether to get a BLITZ Throttle Controller...!!! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts