Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some really good in car videos made and was wondering if anyone has made a mount for the car. I think that OGB made an in car video. I had one on my rx-8. but its long gone now.

anyone have any luck?

much appreciation

Chris

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
I've been thinking about it. One solution I came up with was back seat middle headrest. Take out the bar and put on a camera mount for that. That's just one thought I had.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been thinking about it. One solution I came up with was back seat middle headrest. Take out the bar and put on a camera mount for that. That's just one thought I had.
that is the first solution that I have come up with. just need to find a mount that fits the hole.

get a harness bar and mount a camera mount on there, while your at it put some 4 points in that bad boy.

that is a great reason to get some 4 points! now to convince the fiance I need them.....

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I've seen someone take a flat piece of aluminum about 12-16 inches long and 1 inch wide:

Drill two holes in the left side for the head rest pegs to go though, and drilled a single whole on the other side to mount the camera to...then they added a rubber O-ring/bushing between where you bolt the camera through the hole and the camera to minimize vibration. So is basically was suspending just over the top of the center console between the two headrests.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
The thing about harness bar is they make the seat immobile so if you flip your seat can't collapse and cause more harm then good with out a full on cage.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the resposes guys,

I found the suction cup mount. time to order it... ;D

again thanks.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
what about this :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dooood!!!!!!! that is way intense.... probably get way too much attention from teh po po. haha

that would get some great shots at the track/canyons!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yea... and its 600$... its expensive but when you can offer to go tracking you can offered that

·
Registered
128 Posts
get a harness bar and mount a camera mount on there, while your at it put some 4 points in that bad boy.
A harness bar will make your backseat unsafe for rear seat passengers.. and most driving events don't allow harness bars because they keep you upright when you crash, but don't reinforce the roof to keep it from breaking your neck when it caves in. They're pretty much useless in a 5 seat car. Either go with a full 4 point roll bar or a 6(or more) point cage, or don't bother. You can install a DOT legal Schroth Rallye4 or Rallye3 harness using the factory seat belt anchors.

·
Registered
128 Posts
if my rear pasengers cant figure out how to use the seat belt or brace thereselves for my uber quick fast like cat moves they deserve to whack there face off the harness bar.
A seatbelt will not stop your rear seat passengers from breaking their wrists, arms, jaws or noggins on a harness bar in a serious head-on collision. Please don't put passengers in your back seat with one.. ever.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking about trying something like that!

how were you able to mount the tripod like that?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was thinking about trying something like that!

how were you able to mount the tripod like that?
i just remove the head rest and open one of the tripods legs a bit so that the head rest poles can go through
than just use the head rest to hold down the tripod

one more thing, take out the center seat head rest if u want to center the camcorder

the picture pretty much shows it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts