Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been posted already. Im about to board a plane home after 7 weeks of honeymooning around Europe, and can't find exactly what I'm looking for with search.

my 2011 wrx has been parked for the last 7 or so weeks inside a garage. I know that the battery is flat, as somehow the boot got left ajar. Aside of that, I've read that moisture can form in the oil, and either an oil change (which frankly won't happen) or some long hard driving will fix.

Anything else I need to be aware of? Would oil have drained out of the turbo in the time it's been parked? Its on a flat surface... If so, do I just pull the fuel pump fuse (I assume there is one) and turn the starter over (after I fix the battery)...

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts
Oil change, charge the battery .
Check guild levels and drive easy for the first bit till the car gets oil all through it good and warmed up well .

Mine sits 3 weeks when I am at work .

before my first start after 3 weeks . I pull the fuel pump fuse so can turn it over with no starting to get oil through it as sitting that long all the oil is in the pan .

Enjoy .

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re: Re: Car parked for 2 months...

Oil change, charge the battery .
Check guild levels and drive easy for the first bit till the car gets oil all through it good and warmed up well .

Mine sits 3 weeks when I am at work .

before my first start after 3 weeks . I pull the fuel pump fuse so can turn it over with no starting to get oil through it as sitting that long all the oil is in the pan .

Enjoy .
This...change the oil and pull the fuse so you can turn the motor over a few times to get the oil flowing to places where its drained out. Even if you dont change the oil the fuse thing is important

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Battery needed replacement - replaced with a beefier one, which is great for the stereo.

Pulled the fuel pump fuse, cranked it nice and long a couple of times. Checked fluids, coolant was a little low, added some water to be safe.

Started the car, let it idle for a fair while whilst I pumped the tyres back up, all in all car drove fine afterwards.

Thanks again for your help!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm scared now lol. My car has sat for 4-6 months at a time like 3 times. This past time she sat for like 5 months being only cranked like twice because they let my battery die. I too bought a beefy yellow top because my subie one was leaking and it ate my hood lol. I'm wish I was smart enough to think about this. Good to know for the future though :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts