Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
the Seibon front and rear lip doesnt look like it would fit 08 WRX premium/09 WRX bumpers.
I really want that APR front splitter. I replica polyurethane would be great too.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Seibon front and rear lip doesnt look like it would fit 08 WRX premium/09 WRX bumpers.
I really want that APR front splitter. I replica polyurethane would be great too.
I just emailed seibon asking for clarification. Prolly wont hear back till tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
3,422 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Nice I like the CF spoiler! Need to do a few more power mods then start makin my car the panda that it desires!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I was pretty disappointed that many of the CF hoods lack the air channelers for the IC.
I would love to see carbon on red on my STi though. Muy Sexy :)

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that seibon CWII hood is nice, the extra air inlets would be pretty much right over were my short ram would be... what's the price for that piece?
I posted up links to each. Not sure if its the cheapest by any means but according to advancedspeedshop.com its 714 with free freight shipping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

There are fitment issues with the OEM Seibon hood I installed in my WRX. I had it installed at our local Subaru dealer to make sure they know what they're doing. Anyone else encountered the same problem? What did you do to fix it? Thanks!

I'll post pics as soon as i can.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Hi,

There are fitment issues with the OEM Seibon hood I installed in my WRX. I had it installed at our local Subaru dealer to make sure they know what they're doing. Anyone else encountered the same problem? What did you do to fix it? Thanks!

CF never fits absolutely perfect.
But if it is waaaaay off then probably a defective unit since they come from I think Malaysia or Singapore not directly from Seibon. NRG gets their hoods from the same source as Seibon and VIS comes from the same place as well. There were a couple of floating lawsuits about this a while ago because of the packaging and stamping out of the factory.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

CF never fits absolutely perfect.
But if it is waaaaay off then probably a defective unit since they come from I think Malaysia or Singapore not directly from Seibon. NRG gets their hoods from the same source as Seibon and VIS comes from the same place as well. There were a couple of floating lawsuits about this a while ago because of the packaging and stamping out of the factory.
Thanks for the reply. I was able to fix it last weekend. Turns out the stock damper pushed the lighter cf hood upwards creating the gap. I just removed the damper myself and now its fixed!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm sure they will eventually. hopefully if the 09 sells well. if so, we might see more and more parts showing up (the available list growing pretty well). I heard there were a lot of parts for the new models at SEMA this year too. looking forward to it ;D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Great post! I've been looking around for weeks to find out Fiber parts!

I'd like to know... if it'd be nice to put the Carbon Fiber Hood on my car.. Here is a picture of my hood :

I dont know how it would be on a white car. Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
176 Posts
White and carbon have always been good bedfellows. Look at the NSX Type-R

1 - 20 of 88 Posts