Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cargo area cover started creaking this week. I noticed that the cap that covers the spring on the right side is a little loose and the metal cover rattles a little when I'm driving over uneven pavement. Anyone else haveing this issue? Is there an easy fix?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Yeah, I fixed it. I took the cover out and put it in the garage.... I don't know how to make it stop other then to remove it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes...that's very similar to the "tape over the cel light" fix. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
This seems like something some well-placed felt could fix. Or the self-adhesive soft side of a velcro kit. Anticipate the results of a shoddy experiment in the next week. ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to halcyon100's idea, I pulled the cap off the cargo cover and stuck a few pieces of the Velcro soft side in to the cap.

No more rattle! ;D 8)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
yeah, felt/etc inside the cap fixes the problem. it's just made to be loose so it doesn't jam.

felt also fixes the creaking in the factory in-dash CD player.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought two self-adhesive felt kits at Lowe's:

1) a kit of thin felt, in various circle sizes
2) a heavy duty kit, for furniture legs, I presume.

I put the heavy duty on the ends, and after removing the two screws
on the end-cap, placed the thin adhesive ones around the inside
perimeter of the metal area. I also put some thin circles (one each)
inside the groove area where the pull cover latches.

Absolutely - no more rattle. 8)

Also - just installed my Rally Armor Urethane's (black w/ red logo) on
my OBP premium rex. Looks pretty good!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, felt/etc inside the cap fixes the problem. it's just made to be loose so it doesn't jam.

felt also fixes the creaking in the factory in-dash CD player.
Where did you put the felt to help the HU creaking problem? I have cable that's rattling behind the HU. I need to pull the HU out again and see what I can do to make the rattle go away.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
my factory stereo was rattling... I could touch the front with my finger and stop the rattling. so I plan to put felt around the areas where the body of the stereo touches the mounting cage

you may want to wrap the cable or zip tie it to the harness to keep it from rattling

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a mess of cables behind the HU now; HU, subwoofer and iPod integration. It's crowded back there. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures they're willing to share on how they fixed the problem? (1 pic = 1,000 words...!) It would be greatly appreciated.

Same problem w/ the cargo cover. When I test drove an Impreza in Dec, I thought it was just a "demo" thing; but it's there in my vehicle as well. Pretty aggravating to see such poor design in something simple. Other than that, the car is an snarly beast!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
how do you remove the stereo I'm pretty shy at touching something this new ;) as for the cargo cover works prerfectely thanks halcyon. if we can get pictures would make a great DIY

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
hey I just did it on mine works real great :D ;D I took pictures I'll post them in DIY tonight ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts