Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be getting some carbon fiber seats in the next month or so.

i'm not sure if i want to get rid of both or just the drivers.

i have a friend that i kinda owe a small favor to and he offered $400 for the set. i think that is pretty low but i do owe him (w/o him, my car wouldnt have been running in time to go get the protune) and he is a good friend.

what do you think they are worth?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't know but there worth every bit of what ever it is in my book.
You can't put a price on a warm a$$ when its -20 C

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right, lol. they are nice to have on those cold days. that's why i might just get rid on the drivers seat.

i am more concerned about safety at the moment and want to be strapped in with a nice seat and harness. Should something go wrong, i want to be nice and safe.
i sat in a few cars at HIN and Import Face Off this past month and really like what i got to try out.

after the new tranny, suspension mods, better tires, and more weight reduction... i want to run low 12's. not sure what my 1/4 mile is right now, i have been told it might be 12.7-12.5. Before the clutch/flywheel and open downpipe i went 8.09 @ 86mph on the 1/8th mile. think i would have made a 7.9x pass if i had more practice. Cams and a more aggressive tune are in the not so distant future also.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If they are in good shape I would say that worth at least $500 on ebay, but no more then $800 for both.

·
Registered
327 Posts
How much work is it to install them? Does he have a non-premium WRX? I would be interested to know if it's basically plug and play, like most of the premium parts on the non-premium models.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much work is it to install them? Does he have a non-premium WRX? I would be interested to know if it's basically plug and play, like most of the premium parts on the non-premium models.
i don't think it would be too difficult to install. although i have never installed seats before.

My friend would be putting them in a 1G DSM with a built motor and big turbo. The car is in great shape and the seats would look awesome in his car. If he is interested in just the drivers seat, i would probably let it go for $250. if not, i will either find a different local buyer or eBay the set for like $600 or something + shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts