Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 wrx and i recently deleted my catalytic converter. And now i throw a wierd o2 code and my traction control shuts off and the cruise light blinks randomly. Any ideas will help. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
damn you are scaring me !!!

I just decat my mid pipe with a 2' replacement and i LOVE my cruise control..
but sounds like its a problem with the DP's cat..

do let me know which one you removed..

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
That's weird, I unplugged my front right turn blinker to get it replaced and it did the same symptoms. Guess our car's don't like it when stuffs missing :(

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Your car is running limp mode because of the cat delete. The blinking lights and cruise control disable are all part of the limp mode settings.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
When it detects that something semi-serious is wrong, it enters the limp mode, which means that the engine won't rev beyond a pre-programmed speed.. I would still get a tune but an o2 sensor spacer from ralitek will fix the Check engine light from popping..

http://yhst-49187380673845.stores.yahoo.net/rao2sesp.html
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Here is what I run with my AP my buddy was fouling o2 sensors in his So I did this and have had mo problem..

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Your car is running limp mode because of the cat delete. The blinking lights and cruise control disable are all part of the limp mode settings.
care to explian "limp mode" to a noob?
Also limits boost, disables cruise control, pulls timing... etc etc a bunch of failsafes to make your car run as safely as possible until a fix is presented.

·
Registered
0 Posts
ahh i see...

will keep an eye out for that.. but hopefully i can get a open source tune in the next few days before my drive up north... ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts