Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a catless DP to complete a stage 2. I have not decided on who will tune my car or what I'll have the car tuned with. I will not install the DP until the day of the tune. My question is :

Do most flash type tunes (non AP) remove the CEL that is caused by not having any cats? Will I have to rig the rear o2 sensor with washers to trick the ECU into thinking the cats are still there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
If you bring your car to a tuner, they should make sure the car will not throw any CEL's, you should not have to"Rig" anything.

What kind of DP did you buy?

Where are you thinking of getting it tuned?

Talk to the tuner and tell them what you your concerns IE "CEL'S" and what kind of tune you want... A very agressive race map to a daily driver map. You are paying for the tune, it is your call.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you bring your car to a tuner, they should make sure the car will not throw any CEL's, you should not have to"Rig" anything.

Talk to the tuner and tell them what you your concerns IE "CEL'S" and what kind of tune you want... A very agressive race map to a daily driver map. You are paying for the tune, it is your call.
I bought a $189 Tsudo Ebay DP. My belief is that it is a copy of a Invidia DP which is good enough for me.

I plan on going to AMS for the tune since they don't require a AP. Just not sure what they are using to tune the car. I would be asking them for a street tune since the car probably won't see the track.

I did think about buying a AP but I felt like I would be paying for a tune twice since I'd be buying the AP then paying for a dynotune/protune. Just not interested in monitering stuff or changing maps all the time. Just want to set it and forget it.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

I bought a 9 Tsudo Ebay DP. My belief is that it is a copy of a Invidia DP which is good enough for me.

I plan on going to AMS for the tune since they don't require a AP. Just not sure what they are using to tune the car. I would be asking them for a street tune since the car probably won't see the track.

I did think about buying a AP but I felt like I would be paying for a tune twice since I'd be buying the AP then paying for a dynotune/protune. Just not interested in monitering stuff or changing maps all the time. Just want to set it and forget it.
NO matter what they will make sure that you will not throw codes, if you do, bring it back to them they should correct it.

The AP will do alot more than a doubling up on a tune... For me I run craptastic 91ACN pump gas in Nor Cal. If I go to Oregon, they run 93oct. It allow me to swap maps to run the higher octane. Although I hear ya, AP's are expensive! ;)

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Not to mention the revert back to stock and uninstall option that I have now used twic when going to the dealer.
Once for a ECU reflash recall that voids warranty if you don't go.
Then for AC fix which they said they reflashed my ecu for me.
Think how angry I'd be if I had to go through this without an escape route.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts