Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have experienced this with the Invidia divorced catless?

How did you fix the issue if there was one?

Reason for asking is I don't want to run catless if this is an ongoing problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
957 Posts
the newer downpipes from invidia no longer have the issue. i ran both catless and catted in the last 2 years and never had a problem. the tab in the dp was causing issues with the wastegate, wich have since been fixed

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to know, BoostAddict said the same thing. Saves me some money then ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
you can also shave the divider down / out which is what i did and helped alot.

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can also shave the divider down / out which is what i did and helped alot.
Is that what is happening with just Invidia products or is that every product? If I have to modify the divorced flange because of boost creep then why even have it? Might as well go bellmouth.

·
Registered
957 Posts
theres no measurable difference between both bellmouth and divorced. in theory divorced would be better, but its nothing youll ever notice at normal power levels (300whp)

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the raspyness? Is it more prononunced on catless?

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definetly more raspy on catless. but i love it!

also a bit louder iirc
Think I better watch some more catless videos before I decide...

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I could do that but I'm deployed in Afghanistan right now. That's why I'm doing my build while I'm here carefully

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What??? Figured they'd be in abundance there LOL. Be safe, shoot me a pm if you have questions.....I wont steer you wrong
Haha ya not too many hagi Subies driving around here! But ya you should already have a couple PMs from me on the order for the Invidia products.

·
Registered
972 Posts
So if I was to buy a bellmouth invidia dp it doesnt matter how old it is because nothing was revised?

·
Registered
98 Posts
So if I was to buy a bellmouth invidia dp it doesnt matter how old it is because nothing was revised?
i cant say for sure but i do know the divorced definitely was revised. i was able to get ahold of a tsudo catless version 1 for $100 shipped so i jumped at the opportunity otherwise i would have waited and gone with the revised version or a catted downpipe, i was originally looking at the cnt catted downpipe for 350. which is a "knock off" of the invidia catted i believe

·
Super Moderator
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
update to this post: I ended up going with the Invidia cattless from Forman since Vim stated the newer versions dont have boost creep anymore. Still waiting to here back from Eric on what intake to go with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts