Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the people here with aftermarket catted downpipes have any problems with the "check engine" light? I'm interested in getting one, but I don't want the hassle of having that light constantly on. I prefer having the light off so that I know if there was really something wrong with the engine, it will tell me.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
With certian pipes you can get Cel fixes(I am not exactly sure which one ther are) , with a down pipe and a tune you should be ok. If you are going to have a shop install the pipe they should be able to tell you if there are any issues with that pipe, or better yet ask the manufacture. Ask about cels, fittment issues with cat back exhaust, make sure they use new gaskets.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the Ultimate Racing catted DP installed on mine with no tune and no CEL. I can't speak for other brands though.

Seth

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't recommend running an aftermarket dp without some sort of engine management/tune. That being said, as long as your aftermarket cat is performing as well as the stock one, you shouldn't throw a CEL related to O2.

Best,

method.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts