Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to doing the tail lights after tinting the windows, lowering the car, replacing wheels & tires, new exhaust, painting the rear chrome strip and de-lettering the tail gate. Used Lamin-x smoke, which is their lightest grey tint. Lets most of the light through, but still looks good with the black car. It wasn't too easy to install, but I'm pleased with the result. The Cusco coil-overs have made an amazing difference in handling, but I think next will be some Cobb adjustable sways front and back.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks good. The back sway bars (15mm to 20mm) made the biggest difference to the handling of my car when I upgraded the springs/sways.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mate,

It has taken awhile for rear sways to be available in Canada. It is good to know they will make a substaintial difference in handling.

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
30 Posts
like the look of that dual exhaust - what set-up did you go with?
Tails look great as well. Maybe I need to change my mind about going red...
Nice work!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
sick ride dude!! dual exhaust looks sick is it custom?? ???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, the exhaust was done at the local budget brake & muffler shop using a Magnaflow muffler for a newer Camero that has one inlet and two outlets. Initially I ran 3" pipe from the resonator back, but it hardly made any difference to the sound. I went back and we took out the resonator and ran 3" all the way from the cat. I immediately noticed more power and I am very pleased with the sound. I'm also really pleased with the look.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hmm - yeah not a fan of red/black taillights/punk'd out street cars - diff tastes for all - but the black death and dual exhaust you've got going on there work for me. Nice looking car! Too bad you couldn't black out the license plate too, silver lettering ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm from the West Coast of Canada, near Vancouver, B.C. ;D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I must say again. SICK, you're very very SICK.
This is one of a kind. So badass. How did you modify the bumper? I'm curious.
Could you please post like a thousand pictures more... Please please.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't even have to do the cutout in the rear diffuser. The Budget Muffler guys did it for me. They just cut the same shape as the right side on the left and it was done. No fuss, no mess. I did the same muffler setup on my '90 Miata and I did the cutout myself using my sawzall. Didn't do a great job, but one hardly notices. What you do notice is the bad-ass duals.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dropped into Rocket Rally in Squamish today for the first time. They have a very nice looking 3" dual exhaust which they say will fit a WRX even though their web site indicates it is for an STi. It is a very cool looking system that you can check out a rocketrally.com. Then check out their big brakes kits, suspension bits, ECU tuners, etc. Amazing!! I met a fellow there from Alberta who was picking up his older STi that they had just rebuilt and jacked up to 550 hp at the crank. What a screamer. On the dyno it sounded like a military jet taking off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts