Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna change my timing belt and I just wanted to know what I should also change with it... I have vacation all week so I really don't need my car but I wanna do all the maintence all at once if I'm gonna have everything apart... I have 93k on my car... I also need to do my ps belt

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would do both the PS and A/C belts (Keep in mind the A/C belt is a stretch type and needs to be cut off due to there being no tensioner), T-belt, water pump, tensioner and idlers, and the cam seals wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I got this list of a guy doing it off a 02 wrx

The previous list:

timing belt 13028AA240
tensioner 13033AA042
idlers
rh side upper 13073AA142
rh side lower 13073AA142
lh cogged 13085AA080
lh lower 13073AA200

Water pump 21111AA026
gasket 21114AA051

+ I would recommend
thermostat and gasket + cam seals + oil pump o'ring + front crank seal
-------------------------------
So I'm gonna get

gates racing kit
tckwp328rbsf

Ps belt
K050345R

Mishimoto thermostat

Oem cam, crank seals and o'ring...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Most people say stick with OEM Thermostats, it's such a trivial thing for aftermarkets to mess up at.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking that... But I plan on doing a motor build and trying to make a straight drag car and I didn't wanna have to replace this later

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it necessary to change the oil pump o ring and the cam and crank seals? I can't find a how to on those either

·
Registered
802 Posts
AC belt you can walk off and on, but it's miserable.
I found a pretty easy method of working the AC belt off the pulley:
Feed a piece of flexible tubing/hose in between the belt and the ribbed pulley as you rotate the crank clockwise. As the tubing is drawn into the pulley, it squishes & lifts the belt out of the grooves so you can push it off by hand or with a pry bar of some kind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts