Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check Engine, VDC, & Cruise control ALL Lit up?

Yesterday I was driving home and about 30 miles into my trip the Check eng,VDC,& C.C all lit up??? I didn't lose power or anything. I called subaru and the service mang. said my gas cap might be loose. So I checked it and it was on just fine. Then he said it could be an O2 sensor. He told me I would be fine driven and it should clear in a cycle. ( I guess 150 miles is a cycle). Anybody have any ideas on what could have happened? Mods to car that i thought might cause it would be UR CAI, and muffler delete. I've had these mods for at least 10,000 miles I now have 21,000 if that helps.

Thanks feelas!
TK

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Check Engine, VDC, & Cruise control ALL Lit up?

In Land Rover we have a term called three amigos meaning you have a fault somewhere in the ABS system that also affects the Traction Control and Hill Decent functions, because if you think about it they all depend on the same hardware, ABS pump, wheel sensors etc. Reasonably safe to drive but you don't have ABS, TC or HD. Also because there are so many things in these systems people get these a lot and they are hard to troubleshoot.

You sound like you have something similar going on. The guy you talked to is completely talking out his ass though and just guessing over the phone, put no weight behind that, take the car in and have them read the codes. You need to work with some facts.

If you have a scan tool you could give it a go your self. Also the service manual says the car has a built in scan tool, check it out:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

WOW!! Thanks for the quick reply and tips!! lol... its funny how we get better info from are 3G family then the "dealer".

Thanks a ton scottjal!! ;D

·
Registered
629 Posts

I've had the same problem.....it goes away after a while. I used my AP to check for codes and clear lights............

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

Hey TK... with all those lights going off, maybe you did have bad case of welders flash from daft punk ;) ;D

Sorry man I couldn't help myself... ;D

How is your sled running now?

·
Registered
190 Posts

When I did my lowering springs all those lights came on after I drove about 5kms. I just used the AP to clear them. I guess having the abs lines and sensors bumped or moved can set those codes off.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

mine did it once then stalled but it was a humid and cold winter day, it started back fast and fine no weird sounds never did it again

·
Registered
147 Posts

i have the same problem this morning while driving to work...now im in my office looking for answers.so will it go away, or do i need to ring it in to the dealer or should i just get an AP to clear it,and does the AP clear the problem, or just turn the light off....thx

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

All i did was disconnect the Neg. on the battery for 20 sec. Cleared whatever was messed up and haven't had any problems since. When all those lights lite up I was driving threw a BAD rain storm, maybe water hit something...Everything is good to go tho! ;D hope this helps you out a little :)

·
Registered
147 Posts

thx for the fast reply, i call my dealer, they want me to bring the car in for a fast check ~ +1 karma

·
Registered
519 Posts

All i did was disconnect the Neg. on the battery for 20 sec. Cleared whatever was messed up and haven't had any problems since. When all those lights lite up I was driving threw a BAD rain storm, maybe water hit something...Everything is good to go tho! ;D hope this helps you out a little :)
I had the same thing happen to me and I did the same. Just discoed that battery and it was good to go.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Try turning the ignition to the ACC position and press and hold in the VDC button for about 20 secs. The one time that I had this happen to me, this cleared it up right away.

·
Registered
537 Posts

Try turning the ignition to the ACC position and press and hold in the VDC button for about 20 secs. The one time that I had this happen to me, this cleared it up right away.
Interesting but does that do something in particular or did you just come up with that on your own?

·
Registered
298 Posts

similar thing happened to me in my nissan, they called it limp mode or something. basically, it detected an error and shut the car down. ended up being the throttle position snesor went bad.. :-\

1 - 14 of 14 Posts