Subaru WRX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know how to take the chrome trim on the doors off. I really wanna take it off so i could get it painted and blacked out. I hate chrome on cars, especially a wrx, and really want in blacked out.

Idk if anyone has talked about this on the forum, but please help!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Perhaps you can just swap it with a hatch.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Roll the window down all the way and get a plastic spatula and push up on it from the bottom. Usually hooked in on the back side of the door.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Oh and I think ours has a screw on the inside of the door near the center pillar. Before you go and try and snap it off lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
because it would look like crap! even if you spray it black paint on rubber will eventually crack,unless you mask it off. cuz the chrome strip doesnt come out

·
Registered
377 Posts
because it would look like crap! even if you spray it black paint on rubber will eventually crack,unless you mask it off. cuz the chrome strip doesnt come out
The hatch is just rubberized and not chromed. It has to come off. The tint partner for my dealership melted my strip and they ordered a new part for me under warranty. I'm pretty sure they will swap from hatch to sedan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts