·
Registered
1,843 Posts
its really a must especialy on black, the chrome really look out of place

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The muffler is a rather simple custom. I replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow for a Chevy Camero that has one 3" in and two 2.5" out, cut an extra hole and added a couple of cheap Reactive chrome tips. I am now looking at running some 3" pipe from the cat back instead of the stock 2.5" and removing the small stock resonator.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The muffler is a rather simple custom. I replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow for a Chevy Camero that has one 3" in and two 2.5" out, cut an extra hole and added a couple of cheap Reactive chrome tips. I am now looking at running some 3" pipe from the cat back instead of the stock 2.5" and removing the small stock resonator.
Like the style which reminds me of mine (used 18 inch Advanti racing wheels). I have also added a different diff back muffler (basically a straight through sports muffler) and found that the standard resonator is reponsible for cutting most of the exhaust note. May also now replace the resonator to improve the sound, but keep it legal. To paint the chrome you first have to sand it back, apply plastic primer then colour and then clear.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
nice. I plan to order a DGM trim piece from the dealer. Yes, they DO sell them, but rare to find. Its about 150 bucks. All you do is swap them. If I had a black WRX, I'd go for painting instead, cuz I wouldn't have to worry about color matching.

·
Registered
549 Posts
nice. I plan to order a DGM trim piece from the dealer. Yes, they DO sell them, but rare to find. Its about 150 bucks. All you do is swap them. If I had a black WRX, I'd go for painting instead, cuz I wouldn't have to worry about color matching.
so would anybody know what is the part number or what that piece is call?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
the chrome has actually grown on me. if you compare it to the way the tail lights "connect" on the old legacy and outbacks, except in chrome, it really makes sense.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does anyone know if the black plastic trim surrounding the Exhaust of the '08 STI will fit (straight up) in the rear fascia of the '08 WRX 5-door (premium package)? I'm looking at converting my WRX to a dual exhaust and, rather than cutting a hole in the trim piece that's installed, thought that using the STI trim piece would make for a cleaner look/fit.

thanks
-b

1 - 13 of 13 Posts